NFL 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Bridgewater not fit in with their offense?  Can't figure that one out since he was a starter for the Vikings until he got hurt. They really have that much confidence in a rookie Darnold???
Bridgwater is good, just a placeholder.  They consider Darnold their future, and their opening schedule is as soft as its going to get (Detroit, Miami, Cleveland).  They're at the point where they figure he isn't going to learn much from the sidelines.   It's pretty similar to the Eagles scenario from two years ago with Bradford, Wentz, and Daniel (Bridgewater, Darnold, McCown).

Apparently the Jets just traded Bridgewater to the Saints for a third round pick, so that answers that.  Guess they figure having McCown as a backup is good enough, and they have Terrell Pryor as a just-in-case if they were ever both hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
& the fudge packers are going to lock up AA RON but wont have any money left for any supporting casts?

Maybe they are just trying to lock step with the Vikings

It's pretty similar to the Eagles scenario from two years ago with Bradford, Wentz, and Daniel (Bridgewater, Darnold, McCown).

Apparently the Jets just traded Bridgewater to the Saints for a third round pick, so that answers that.  Guess they figure having McCown as a backup is good enough, and they have Terrell Pryor as a just-in-case if they were ever both hurt.
Yep, this is a pretty good explanation. I'd add that they probably signed Bridgewater for no other reason that to trade him later for a draft pick, sorta similar to what the Eagles did with Bradford.

& the fudge packers are going to lock up AA RON but wont have any money left for any supporting casts?
I think ~30m/yr is the going rate for a top tier QB. And five years from now it won't be that much compared to the cap. But your point is well taken though, they really *should* sign talent around him too. Luckily for the rest of the NFC, I doubt they'll ever do it.

The 2018 season kicks off tonight at 8:20. Wow it's been a short seven months since the parade.

Either @Road Guy or I will be happy tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, unless BDN shows up, I don't think it will be me

Just glad I didn't draft Bell in any of my leagues. I think he'll be back by week 3 but sucks for owners for first couple weeks. 

What a dull game so far.  More penalty yards than offensive yards it seems. 

Just excited that football is back! Looking forward to Packers/Bears on SNF for the Pack's 100th season. :thumbs:

And sorry I wasn't able to find the time for the pick 'em this season. With all the recent house improvements, new job, soon-to-be new family addition, and the computer business, I'm looking at my latest retirement plan. :D  

was that game hard to watch? I don't know if those teams are that undisciplined or if the refs were just a little penalty crazy (left over from pre season?) almost glad I drunk myself to sleep at halftime and didn't see the rest of it :(

The most polite way to describe it was that both teams have a lot of rust to knock off. Lots of tape to work with to make improvements over the next 10 days.

Ugghhh the first 2.5 quarters looked like preseason in both quality and play calling, both teams. Then the eagles had a nostalgic tricky play. And then rest of the game was a near exact repeat of the divisional round game in January.

The refs were flag crazy. Some calls were certainly legit; but others were at-best ticky-tacky, and at worst absolute nonsense. It appeared that both sides were victims to the poor reffing, so there's that at least.

Ugh, that game. I picked it up with something like a minute or two left to go in the first half, and saw the score was 6-3. I was basically like, too bad there's no baseball on.

Ugh, that game. I picked it up with something like a minute or two left to go in the first half, and saw the score was 6-3. I was basically like, too bad there's no baseball on.
At least the second half was a little bit better. Both teams definitely have a lot of rust to shake off though.

Football...........all............day............long!

Packers on prime time! :thumbs:

Found this amusing:

41399465_2411145058897380_2522554341571690496_n.jpg

Back