NFL 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this draft pick for the San Diego Chargers, if they don't work out a deal does he have to sit out a year and wait to get drafted again?

Or can another team sign him?

So this draft pick for the San Diego Chargers, if they don't work out a deal does he have to sit out a year and wait to get drafted again?

Or can another team sign him?
There was a deadline to trade draft rights that is now over.  They have to sign him, or he goes back to next year's draft.

It's funny, the story I was reading about it yesterday made it sound like the team was the one making a dick move by publicizing the whole thing.

Of course, when draft day was coming up, he was telling everyone that if he got selected by the Titans he wouldn't sign because he's from Ohio State and Harbaugh's brother coaches at Michigan now. I really hope it was just him trying to be funny.

0dafb10a0878f92273a5404312735798.jpg

I vote for him to sit out a year like a little bitch that he is
I hope he doesn't, and I do pin most of this on San Diego for two reasons.

1) I've heard that San Diego's status quo for dealing with this is to lowball over the same issue with everyone they deal with. 

2) Realizing that these kids are in their early 20's and don't know shit about handling millions of dollars, you figure the smartest thing they can do is put their faith in a good agent.  This isn't a Joey Bosa holdout, this is a holdout by whoever he chose to represent him.  At what point do you, as a kid, decide you know more than the people you're shelling out big bucks to as your representation and overrule them?

Wait, is C. Kaepernick even still relevant? Does anyone actually care what he "stands" for?

Wait, is C. Kaepernick even still relevant? Does anyone actually care what he "stands" for?
No.  In fact, they're talking about how he's all but guaranteed to be cut now, since SF was likely to axe him within the next 14 days anyways.  Comment was that he lost so much size in the off season due to not working out after surgeries, that he was no longer a "dual threat" quarterback, and that's without taking his lack of performance into account.

& everyone here wants the Rookie from Memphis State to start?  Which I don't understand why would you even draft a QB from a Div II school in the first round?

I hope he doesn't, and I do pin most of this on San Diego for two reasons.

1) I've heard that San Diego's status quo for dealing with this is to lowball over the same issue with everyone they deal with. 

2) Realizing that these kids are in their early 20's and don't know shit about handling millions of dollars, you figure the smartest thing they can do is put their faith in a good agent.  This isn't a Joey Bosa holdout, this is a holdout by whoever he chose to represent him.  At what point do you, as a kid, decide you know more than the people you're shelling out big bucks to as your representation and overrule them?
They offered the largest signing bonus to any draftee in the last two NFL drafts and more money for this calendar year than every draftee except for Carson Wentz, who is a QB.  Normally defensive players don't get that kind of dough anyway.  And what I want to know is who does he think he is, anyway?  Frankly, every draftee is lucky to have been picked at all.

They offered the largest signing bonus to any draftee in the last two NFL drafts and more money for this calendar year than every draftee except for Carson Wentz, who is a QB.  Normally defensive players don't get that kind of dough anyway.  And what I want to know is who does he think he is, anyway?  Frankly, every draftee is lucky to have been picked at all.
1) It wasn't an argument over total amount, it was about how payments were structured.

2) He presumably thinks he was the best defensive player in the draft, because, he was.

Back