Newly Unemployed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you do?What side of MO do you live on
I've spent most of my career in the management of the building components industry (mostly metal plate connected wood trusses). When the housing industry crashed in 08-09 I took an entry-level mechanical engineer position at a small aviation fueling consultant, which is what led me to get my PE. I've spent 11 of my 13 year career in manufacturing and 1.5 years in consulting. I'm in Kansas City.

Great news on the firing! Now more time to spend spamming EB. Hint: The Politics forum has been a little dry lately since Chucktown vaporized.

(seriously, sorry to hear it.)

"Real Man's Guide to Breaking Up - Item #8": The best revenge is to get along better without [them].

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at it this way. Your old company is no longer holding you back from realizing your full potential! Management experience + PE is a very marketable combination.

Best of luck finding a new job.

My first interview was today. I thought it went very well. Now crossing my fingers and waiting for my answer by the end of next week.

I'm back among the working!!! Just got my offer. :beerchug: :party-smiley-048: :woot: :th_rockon:

Latest posts

Back