Newbie Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engr2004

Reaction score
So this is my second time to take the PE. I didn't pass in April 2013, but I got the notice 5 weeks and 5 days after the exam (April 12 - May 22).

Today would be 5 weeks and 5 days after the October 2013 exam (Oct 25 - Dec 4).

Can I rely on my engineering logic here? Or should is it the same failed reasoning I used in April?

thanksgiving holiday always messes with the oct test results

And Black Friday and Columbus Day and oh the pretty leaves and what? butterfly uh oh I just noticed I've been feeding the scantrons in upside down and I'm on 38,740 out of 52,611. Start over ...

I have a hunch that the reason it takes so long is because there is a predetermined number of billable hours the "test experts" are contracted to spend reviewing the test. Regardless of complexity of the test statistics, the test experts that are subcontracted out will use all of their billable hours. If they submit their results early to NCEES they will lose money.

Just a theory.

I have a hunch that the reason it takes so long is because there is a predetermined number of billable hours the "test experts" are contracted to spend reviewing the test. Regardless of complexity of the test statistics, the test experts that are subcontracted out will use all of their billable hours. If they submit their results early to NCEES they will lose money.

Just a theory.

There's probably a lot of truth to that. And if they give up those hours, next time budgeting comes around they will still be asked to cut 5% so if they keep some fat in it now those 5% cuts don't seem so bad.

Just a theory.

There's probably a lot of truth to that. And if they give up those hours, next time budgeting comes around they will still be asked to cut 5% so if they keep some fat in it now those 5% cuts don't seem so bad.
Yep. It's all about the $$$.

Well they need some what to justify those exorbitant exam fees!!! :p

Back