NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The results are not out yet. How come are there Pass rates released??
The passing rates are by NCEES which has released all of it's results. Some states like NY, PA, WI and others use independent exam verification companies that get the results and validate them (they call reconciling the results). Once they are validated that let NCEES know they can release them to the examines. We are waiting on the verification part.

PE pass rates
Pass rates are from the October 2010 exam administration, except where otherwise noted.

Exam First-time takers Repeat takers

Agricultural 68% 50%

Architectural (April 2010) 75% 47%

Chemical 82% 36%

Civil 62% 27%

Control Systems 69% 47%

Electrical and Computer 66% 35%

Environmental 77% 48%

Fire Protection 52% 29%

Industrial 80% 44%

Mechanical 73% 37%

Metallurgical and Materials 64% 50%

Mining and Mineral Processing 79% 46%

Nuclear 57% 50%

Petroleum 80% 44%

Structural I 47% 21%

Structural II 54% 24%
If pass rate for repeat takers (civil) is 27%, I doubt I passed the exam. :oops: I don't know how the hell these rates are released without all the states releasing their results? Please let me know the source of these pass rates. Thanks.

If pass rate for repeat takers (civil) is 27%, I doubt I passed the exam. :oops: I don't know how the hell these rates are released without all the states releasing their results? Please let me know the source of these pass rates. Thanks.
It's the official website: http://ncees.org/Exams/PE_exam.php
That really doesn't mean shit. It you changed up the way you studied from the first time and gave it a great effort you probably passed. That 27% is a pool of schlubs who don't give a shit if they pass or not.

PE pass rates
Pass rates are from the October 2010 exam administration, except where otherwise noted.

Exam First-time takers Repeat takers

Agricultural 68% 50%

Architectural (April 2010) 75% 47%

Chemical 82% 36%

Civil 62% 27%

Control Systems 69% 47%

Electrical and Computer 66% 35%

Environmental 77% 48%

Fire Protection 52% 29%

Industrial 80% 44%

Mechanical 73% 37%

Metallurgical and Materials 64% 50%

Mining and Mineral Processing 79% 46%

Nuclear 57% 50%

Petroleum 80% 44%

Structural I 47% 21%

Structural II 54% 24%

http://www.ncees.org/Exams/PE_exam.php

Our exams have been graded since NCEES released them to the boards.

The "validation" process does not involve grading or adjusting the cut score... it involves unnecessary bureaucracy so some state boards can feel like they have some degree of control over the process (controlling the release of results), despite the fact that they had no problem subcontracting out the creation, administration, and grading of the test.

The "validation" process does not involve grading or adjusting the cut score... it involves unnecessary bureaucracy so some state boards can feel like they have some degree of control over the process (controlling the release of results), despite the fact that they had no problem subcontracting out the creation, administration, and grading of the test.
So true.... :plusone:

Steely Mike- you are right on! Unnecessary bureaucracy should be the slogan on the new NY license plates.

:jerkit:

If I fail this time, I am taking the exam either in PA or DE and once I pass either of the states, I will apply for reciprocation to NY. But otherwise screw this waiting in the future..... :smileyballs:

Well I am sorry I take PA back, they are waiting like us.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I fail this time, I am taking the exam either in PA or DE and once I pass either of the states, I will apply for reciprocation to NY. But otherwise screw this waiting in the future..... :smileyballs:
It take even lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnger to get their approval/ acceptance on reciprocity base. I have been waiting since last 6 months for their review. Still i am not when they will say "YOU ARE OKAY "

It take even lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnger to get their approval/ acceptance on reciprocity base. I have been waiting since last 6 months for their review. Still i am not when they will say "YOU ARE OKAY "
Bhattbhai kem chho?

I say P.A is one of the longer wait you will have

I just called NYS Office of the Professions at ext. 140 and the secretary said FOR SURE they'll be released THIS WEEK or BEGINNING of NEXT WEEK. I said, "ARE YOU CERTAIN?"

she said, "YES, I AM CERTAIN."

So there you have it.

Bhattbhai kem chho?
Is that Bangla OR Gujrati ?

Bhattbhai kem chho?
Gujarati..........

Bhattbhai kem chho?
Gujarati..........

Bhalo Chho

Analysis of NY Board release dates (by day):

1/9/2006: Monday

1/12/2007: Friday

1/11/2008: Friday

1/12/2009: Monday

1/5/2010: Tuesday

Chances are we'll see results 1/7/2011 or 1/10/2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friend emailed to NYS EP this morning and get an answer. She was told that the NCEES is going to release the results late next week. No more information. It is unbelievable!!!

Back