NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said his speech was impressing, below are his actions so far:

1- 5% salary cut.

2- pay freeze for most state workers.

I've taken 3 October PEs already....'07, '08, and '10.

The first letter I believe I received 1/8/08, and the second was postmarked 1/8/09. This one I'm pretty sure will come sometime this week.

I know this for sure because 1/8 is my dad's birthday and the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas is always the weekend after new year's.

Freaking NY Sucks............
OK here's a transcript of what just occurred when I called Albany at ext 140 (which earlier posts indicated the lady was nice)

Miserable Lady (referred to as ML): with a sigh, "How can I help you?"

Me: "Good Afternoon, I was wondering if you could tell me what day the results for Professinal Engineer's Exam will be released?"

ML: "Some time this week"

Me: "Does the board still have to validate the exams?"

ML: "Sir, the exam results will be released by the end of the week!"

Me: "Thanks, but that's not what I asked"

ML: " I don't know"

Me: "Well, you're the one who works there, right?"

ML: "You could email the board, would you like the email address" (Tone is changing for the better now)

Me: "Yes Please" (even though I have it already, I just want to irritate people now)

I say thank you for your time and hang up.

So sometime this week means anytime between M-F but they cannot give a specific day.

:smileyballs:
Now from 3 weeks minimum it went to "end of this week"? I don't believe the lack of consistancy.

lets wait & see, anyway we have nothing else we can do ... JUST WAITING :waitwall:

OK here's a transcript of what just occurred when I called Albany at ext 140 (which earlier posts indicated the lady was nice)

Me: "Good Afternoon, I was wondering if you could tell me what day the results for Professinal Engineer's Exam will be released?"

ML: "You could email the board, would you like the email address" (Tone is changing for the better now)

Me: "Yes Please" (even though I have it already, I just want to irritate people now)

So sometime this week means anytime between M-F but they cannot give a specific day.

Now from 3 weeks minimum it went to "end of this week"? I don't believe the lack of consistancy.
The current Deputy Commissioner for the Professions is Frank Muñoz. He was appointed in Dec 2009, so unless he cut a deal behind the scenes with Cuomo, I got to believe he doesn't have a job today. If that's the case, I'm sure that a few other people that report to him have also just lost there jobs too. That would explain all the stone walling from his office.

That's said, my guess is that they'll wait until a new Commissioner is appointed before releasing the scores. Given the speed in which things work in Albany, I'm guessing that 3 weeks would be a best case. We're on Cuomo's watch now and nobody working for NYS is going to make a move until they get his blessing.

The current Deputy Commissioner for the Professions is Frank Muñoz. He was appointed in Dec 2009, so unless he cut a deal behind the scenes with Cuomo, I got to believe he doesn't have a job today. If that's the case, I'm sure that a few other people that report to him have also just lost there jobs too. That would explain all the stone walling from his office.

That's said, my guess is that they'll wait until a new Commissioner is appointed before releasing the scores. Given the speed in which things work in Albany, I'm guessing that 3 weeks would be a best case. We're on Cuomo's watch now and nobody working for NYS is going to make a move until they get his blessing.
We'll see. The fact that nobody knows what the hell is going on is pretty much situation normal.

Well, if you follow you can find the following:

Cuomo & Munoz were studying and working together since 1979; both graduate from Fordham University School of Law on 1979, also they started working in New York County District Attorney's Office between 1984 -1985 as assistant district attorney, when Munoz left for Deputy Commissioner for Enforcement / NYS Department of Tax & Finance & Cuomo to run his Housing Enterprise for the Less Privileged (HELP) foundation.

So we can see there are some relations, hope this will expedite our results more quickly.

3 weeks? Are u friggin kidding me???????

I am going to call them everyday until we get the results..............In fact, we should call the members of the board as well. Here's the link (don't want to post any names since that seems to be a no-no even though they are listed on the website):

http://www.op.nysed.gov/boards/bdcomp.htm#eng

Just a side note: It seems that it is frowned upon when some of us are a little aggressive in acheiving results. We're told that we should act professional. I feel as long as we keep our tone professional, we should be allowed to be a "squeaky wheel". Acting like doormats is why we're in one of the lowest paid "professional" jobs out there. We're not even close to doctors, lawyers, hell even police in the northeast US.

Good luck everyone and let it be known we are not satisfied with the level of service we are getting for our $250.

Whoever dares to tell me to act "professional" in the manner in which I am pursuing my exam results (e.g. occassionally calling in for status updates) needs to take a good look at a reputable dictionary and try to comprehend the meaning of the word. In that, they would realize "unprofessional" acts are those such as we waiting for these results have been subjected to throughout this entire process. For example:
1. Representatives who respond with either incorrect or ambiguous information in a rude/curt manner.

2. Representatives and management being (intentionally) obtuse to the fact that their are many other states who share the same process for examinee result notification and have gotten their results validated with the sense of urgency it deserves.

3. Representatives and management ignoring the fact that because of the huge time allotment needed to prepare the result can drastically change ones life plans for the next few months and that every day these results are held delay an examinee who failed from cracking the books again (it's completely unreasonable to expect anyone to begin studying before results of the last exam are in).

4. Failure of all involved to provide simple status updates (via any website) and reasoning as to why results are delayed. Instead there is a uniform insistance on quoting a 12 week window that

they are still within meeting rather then considering fact #2: we, rightly, want to know precisely why others have their results so quickly we don't at this point.
Someone (see quoted at top of this page) referred to a licensing board employee as a "bitch".

Someone in another thread I had to edit threatened to "PE-stamp" a named board employee all over the face.

Please explain how this fits into your definition (or any definition) of "professional."

3 weeks? Are u friggin kidding me???????

I am going to call them everyday until we get the results..............In fact, we should call the members of the board as well. Here's the link (don't want to post any names since that seems to be a no-no even though they are listed on the website):

http://www.op.nysed.gov/boards/bdcomp.htm#eng

Just a side note: It seems that it is frowned upon when some of us are a little aggressive in acheiving results. We're told that we should act professional. I feel as long as we keep our tone professional, we should be allowed to be a "squeaky wheel". Acting like doormats is why we're in one of the lowest paid "professional" jobs out there. We're not even close to doctors, lawyers, hell even police in the northeast US.

Good luck everyone and let it be known we are not satisfied with the level of service we are getting for our $250.

Whoever dares to tell me to act "professional" in the manner in which I am pursuing my exam results (e.g. occassionally calling in for status updates) needs to take a good look at a reputable dictionary and try to comprehend the meaning of the word. In that, they would realize "unprofessional" acts are those such as we waiting for these results have been subjected to throughout this entire process. For example:
1. Representatives who respond with either incorrect or ambiguous information in a rude/curt manner.

2. Representatives and management being (intentionally) obtuse to the fact that their are many other states who share the same process for examinee result notification and have gotten their results validated with the sense of urgency it deserves.

3. Representatives and management ignoring the fact that because of the huge time allotment needed to prepare the result can drastically change ones life plans for the next few months and that every day these results are held delay an examinee who failed from cracking the books again (it's completely unreasonable to expect anyone to begin studying before results of the last exam are in).

4. Failure of all involved to provide simple status updates (via any website) and reasoning as to why results are delayed. Instead there is a uniform insistance on quoting a 12 week window that

they are still within meeting rather then considering fact #2: we, rightly, want to know precisely why others have their results so quickly we don't at this point.
Someone (see quoted at top of this page) referred to a licensing board employee as a "bitch".

Someone in another thread I had to edit threatened to "PE-stamp" a named board employee all over the face.

Please explain how this fits into your definition (or any definition) of "professional."

I don't condone "PE Stamping" a board member's face, but come on, that's friggin funny!

So what's the verdict? Are we getting results anytime soon or will still have to wait long time? Did anyone talk to NYSED anytime today?

Seriously, you guys are free to bitch all you want. Just don't go naming names (other than appointed public officials like you have) and don't personally insult the wage-earners who will be processing your licenses, or threatening them, even if tongue in cheek. Engineerboards is a great resource for everyone; we don't want to go an get the forum owner in trouble and have it closed down.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Carry on.

Sometimes the PE-ness that takes the longest is the best.

In which case, CA still has the best PE-ness. NY's may be long and drawn out, but it's not as hard as CA's.

Not for the civils, anyway.

All to be PE New Yorkers, I hate to wake you up but come-on you can't do this to me and leave me here alone :( .

Back