NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just copied the following thread from another file

According to NCEES Ct recieves exam from them:

This is from the NCEES web site

"When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

In response to an amail request asking if I was looking in the incorrect place I was told this by NCEES:

"NCEES scoring has released the results to all state boards.

However, your state board has the control over when and how the results are released, not NCEES. They may be utilizing the NCEES system but NCEES does not make the decision on when the results are available to examinees."

WTF?

I just talked to someone at the state licensing board and she said they wont be available until next week!!!! WTF......are u kidding me? How does it take that long?

I hope she is wrong

Meanwhile, at the state board office...

homersimpsonanykey.jpg
Which one is the "any key"

How are other states finding out there results the same say that they are released by NCEES but NY is saying it will take a week? How is this possible?

"The told me that ncees will be sending out the results they gave them the approval so its matter of time or shortly as i was told 5 minutes ago.

good luck NJ PE's "

For the first time in my life I regret that I don't live in NJ!!

How are other states finding out there results the same say that they are released by NCEES but NY is saying it will take a week? How is this possible?
Steve, as I said I called and received completely different information. Does a third party want to try to call in? Immediately state that two "friends" received conflicting information from THEM---- the NYS board-- and that you're trying to find out the real story. Also add that the NCEES has released scores to them according to the website.

I'm really tired of the conflicting information =/ I really don't care WHEN I get the results, but I absolutely care to know precisely when to expect it =(

"The told me that ncees will be sending out the results they gave them the approval so its matter of time or shortly as i was told 5 minutes ago.good luck NJ PE's "

For the first time in my life I regret that I don't live in NJ!!

I COPPIED THE FIRST QUOTE FROM ONE OF THE NJ THREADS... I LIVE IN NY...BY THE WAY I JUST CALLED THE NY BOARD AND ASKED THEM HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO VALIDATE THE RESULTS FOR THE BOARD AND SHE SAID THAT WE WILL GET THE RESULTS NEXT WEEK. THEN I SAID "OK BUT HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE FOR VALIDATION" AND SHE REPEATED HER ANSWER...

SO NCEES IS RIGHT, THEY RELEASE THEM ALL..

just called and told me the same thing .. " for some reasons we are not able to release the results untill the NEXT WEEK "

.. .. maybe the roads still closed around the NYS ED Buildings.. .. Do they need help from people to come and clean it for them, since the sanitation dept don't give a damn about it .. WTF are they doing? or maybe the ''GUY'' who needs to approv these results is on VACATION right now and will come back next week!!! No wonder why we pay double taxes to live in NY (city & state).... to cover these guys $%#^%%$^ ..............

Last edited by a moderator:
just called and told me the same thing .. " for some reasons we are not able to release the results untill the NEXT WEEK "
.. .. maybe the roads still closed around the NYS ED Buildings.. .. Do they need help from people to come and clean it for them, since the sanitation dept don't give a damn about it .. WTF are they doing? or maybe the ''GUY'' who needs to approv these results is on VACATION right now and will come back next week!!! No wonder why we pay double taxes to live in NY (city & state).... to cover these guys $%#^%%$^ ..............
Oh well. Happy New Years everyone. I guess this will weigh on our mind a bit longer =(

I contacted the NY State Board a couple times today and got conflicting answers (no surprise there). The one lady I spoke to, who by the way was a real bitch, said that the board hadn't received the results yet (even though the NCEES website said they were released) and that the board would find out after we got an email from NCEES.

I then contacted NCEES and they said that the results were out for all the states and it was up to the state boards to validate. After this I contacted the NY Board again to let them know the results were sent to the state boards. A nicer lady said that we could expect them next week. She said that the board still needs to validate them. She couldn't give me a timeline as to how long this would take. But she also said that even though they expect the process to be quicker, they were still receiving the results in the same manner that they were for past exams. Since this is the first time NY has used the new process it seems like they are still working things out on how to make it quicker.

I suggest if anyone contacts the state board they ask for ****. If she isn't available ask to speak to a supervisor. Depending on who answers your call they can be a real pain in the ass.

They are telling us that that the results will be released next week. What do they mean? By NCEES' website or by NY Board mail service?

They are telling us that that the results will be released next week. What do they mean? By NCEES' website or by NY Board mail service?
Condsider yourselves lucky. The CA board is saying our results won't be out until mid January.

NCEES will email us telling the results are uploaded to our NCEES account once the NY Board is done with their verification.

I want to say something, but please without WTF!!!!!!!

According to the following paragraph by NCEES:

How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

I would say that NY will have CASTLE Worldwide to e-mail us the result, Since they are the testing service in NY. FE taker can answer this:Did the NY FE examinees get the email from NCEES OR NY board or CASTLE Worldwide? I got my 2010 April result from CASTLE Worldwide!

:rotflmao:

I want to say something, but please without WTF!!!!!!!
According to the following paragraph by NCEES:

How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

I would say that NY will have CASTLE Worldwide to e-mail us the result, Since they are the testing service in NY. FE taker can answer this:Did the NY FE examinees get the email from NCEES OR NY board or CASTLE Worldwide? I got my 2010 April result from CASTLE Worldwide!

:rotflmao:
But if you look to the NY Office of Professions website it says the following: "When the results of the NCEES examinations (FE,PE,FS,PS) have been validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

I spoke with NYSED yesterday and lady on the other end was very helpful. She explained there is no way we are getting our results this year. It's gonna be either 1st or 2nd week of January.

I spoke with NYSED yesterday and lady on the other end was very helpful. She explained there is no way we are getting our results this year. It's gonna be either 1st or 2nd week of January.
So basically what they're telling us is that the alleged "streamlined process" actually will take longer because last year we received results on Jan 5th- and that includes snail mail time. What a bunch of D-bags. I need an emoticon flashing a middle finger.

Hey, by validating the results, is NYS Board going to give out more "P"s than NCEES? Just trying to figure out why some states validate and others do not.

So basically what they're telling us is that the alleged "streamlined process" actually will take longer because last year we received results on Jan 5th- and that includes snail mail time. What a bunch of D-bags. I need an emoticon flashing a middle finger.

Hey, by validating the results, is NYS Board going to give out more "P"s than NCEES? Just trying to figure out why some states validate and others do not.
Joe: I hope they give out more "P"s than NCEES. At least they revisit the scores of people like me who took the exam 4 times and clear if on the border. lol.............

Back