NEW YORK - RESULTS April 2007

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Major bummer ccollet :( I was hoping for better news for you.
Take some time off to
arge.gif
and then hit the ground running for your date with destiny in October :)

Good luck !!

JR
thanks JR, surpisingly, the support and good words actually mean alot.

i've been thinkiong that it just seems like i wasted 1/2 year waiting for the results, but it hasn't really been that long and at least the next test isn't that far off. i'm sure in a week or so i'll be ready to attack my study materials with a vengance. And seeing how i passed the EIT on the 2nd attempt (last year) after dropping out of college 19 years ago, i'm really not in too bad of shape. I know that i will pass eventually, if not for job advancement, then at least for personal satisfaction.

icon7.gif

Determined Look !!!

No Prisoners !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PEPG and collett, sorry to hear, but hang hang in there. You'll nail it next time!

achristie, they are mailed from NC according to the postmark, but the letter inside is from NYS Education. Pretty weird.

I talked to a co-worker from Staten Island, he hasn't received the results either...Weird...I guess they sent the upstate first?

Last edited:
i got an ...................................F
looks to be a 55 out of 80 using the diagnostics.

i bombed the morning with a 26 so i think that is what did it to me.

i was pissed, bummed, depressed but its amazing what some beers and friends can to for you.

i'm sending the payment for the next test tomorrow.

congratulations to all that passed. i'll see the rest of you in the fall.
Sorry ccollet - you know I know your pain. I'm crackin' the books tomorrow! I'm done sulking - except when I think of telling a bunch of people like my family and co-workers. I have to re-live that moment again. UGH!

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRUCTURAL I ON THE 1ST ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME
Hey, I got my passing letter (Principles&Practices) just now, too. It reads "withing 3 weeks you will be granted your license, if meet all requirements". My name is not on the web listing, though. Seems, there is another couple of weeks to get a formal license. Anybody knows where to order a stamp? :signs051: :signs051:

I talked to a co-worker from Staten Island, he hasn't received the results either...Weird...I guess they sent the upstate first?
I do not think that location matters. I live in Saratoga County and as of today I have not seen my results, but a person who lives a few miles from me did get result several days ago.

Thanks JR...I am so excited:)

I wish all repeat takers good luck! I will be taking Structural II with you guys (really not looking forward to it)...I hope we all pass this time...

Congratulations too all who passed.

I only missed by a couple answers, and i know if i had the Asphalt Design Manual from work i would have made it. (there was 2 right out of the book)

I do not think that location matters. I live in Saratoga County and as of today I have not seen my results, but a person who lives a few miles from me did get result several days ago.
I'm in saratoga county and got my "F" on friday.

friday night and saturday were a little depressing, but time heals wounds and i'm filing out the retest paperwork tomorrow. Plus i just hit the nascar pool at the local pub, so that lifted my spirits too, and paid for the next attempt.

i got an ...................................F
looks to be a 55 out of 80 using the diagnostics.

i bombed the morning with a 26 so i think that is what did it to me.

i was pissed, bummed, depressed but its amazing what some beers and friends can to for you.

i'm sending the payment for the next test tomorrow.

congratulations to all that passed. i'll see the rest of you in the fall.
ccollet ~ I'm so sorry - but your attitute is great! Pay the fee right away and hit the ground running.

I took a review course and found it very helpful in my review/study process. Something to consider for those taking the test in October.

I received my 'P' letter last Friday, but I have not been issued my license number yet. I check the web listing daily, but it looks like they take their time in Albany. They only enter 20-25 new names per day, and they do it not in alphabetical order. Is there any chance they could overlook someone who passed the exam and not issue a license # at all? I am worried now

I took a review course and found it very helpful in my review/study process. Something to consider for those taking the test in October.
smanessis, I heard this from another engineer, EE. He failed first time and then took a review class and passed. But it is obviously individual. In my opinion a good approach is to budget PLENTY of time, stretch the process out for many months - and study. Study ALL the topics listed in your study manual.

First study whatever you do not know at all - in my case, it was phsychometry, I almost had no clue of psychometry before I went for ME PE, I never needed it. Then work on your weeknesses - in my case it was Probability, very important topic that I could never master. And when you did that, brush up on EVERYTHING.

Before the test I was reluctant to spend any time on drafting standards, it seemed irrelevant waste of time. BUT thanks goodness I did invest a few hours to do that - it came quite handy during the exam, it may have been what got me my 'P' letter after all.

Then solve problems, ALL the problems you can find. Do not panic if you cannot solve, do your best and then analize the solution. Bookmark a memorize the important formulae.

KNOW THY CALCULATOR. Spend an hour just to play with your calculator. Buy a spare one of the same model.

BUDGET A LOT OF TIME

I received my 'P' letter last Friday, but I have not been issued my license number yet. I check the web listing daily, but it looks like they take their time in Albany. They only enter 20-25 new names per day, and they do it not in alphabetical order. Is there any chance they could overlook someone who passed the exam and not issue a license # at all? I am worried now
I feel the same nervousness as you. I have not yet seen my name on the web site yet either but have seen other people I know...I would not worry yet. It says it can take up to 3 weeks, so until then nothing can be done except wait (Just don't lose your paper indicating the Pass just in case).

Yes they can!! Call them they will either tell you they have it on the pile to review, or in my case they said good thing you called. I took the FE out of state and they would not have reviewed it do to a computer program error that does not flag your file when you pass.

It took a few weeks after that, before I got my #.

Yes they can!! Call them they will either tell you they have it on the pile to review, or in my case they said good thing you called. I took the FE out of state and they would not have reviewed it do to a computer program error that does not flag your file when you pass.
It took a few weeks after that, before I got my #.
I called them. Yes, my application is in the pile. 'Please allow it another two weeks, sir. We have many applications to process, please be patient'.

Well, I am out of patience... :deadhorse:

New York is fairly quick with the License Certificates. My name was posted on the website Thursday June 28th. I got my letter on June 29th and my License and Cert came on Monday July 2nd.

So at least once your name is posted, you should have your License within a few days.

New York is fairly quick with the License Certificates. My name was posted on the website Thursday June 28th. I got my letter on June 29th and my License and Cert came on Monday July 2nd.
So at least once your name is posted, you should have your License within a few days.
Today they only added about five new names... If it goes like this, it will take them up to December to enter everybody who passed in April - which is about 500 names. Well, I will try to think of something pleasant and will come back to check the web site again only in a week from now, how about that?

Does anyone know what companies in NY are specifically looking for ME's with PE credentials? Just curious. I work in power industry, it's quite busy at this point and for at least another three years to come. Still thinking maybe the grass is greener on the other side :)

Congrats to the ones who passed. For the ones who didn't, keep trying. My story is much like ccollet. I left college after 3 years, passed EIT on 2nd try after I had enough experience to qualify, failed PE 3 times, waited 10 years, then passed PE. It is definitely worth the effort. I'm not getting a raise. I paid all of my own expenses. But I FINISHED something I started a long time ago. (Maybe my mid-life crisis had some influence, too.) Anyway. I am a PE now and nobody will ever take that from me. Personal satisfaction!!!

Back