NEW YORK RESULTS - April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. I just checked my ncees web page and I clicked on October 2010 results, which I failed, and the date on the heading of the letter was strangely May 26, 2011. Hopefully it inputs the defaults to the present date and that it is not a hint of the result to come.....Can anybody else verify this?

Hey. I just checked my ncees web page and I clicked on October 2010 results, which I failed, and the date on the heading of the letter was strangely May 26, 2011. Hopefully it inputs the defaults to the present date and that it is not a hint of the result to come.....Can anybody else verify this?
I went back and looked at the letter again. Now I'm really nervous. The first line says thank you for sitting for the April Exam. Even though the subject of the letter is "October 2010 exam results".......

I went back and looked at the letter again. Now I'm really nervous. The first line says thank you for sitting for the April Exam. Even though the subject of the letter is "October 2010 exam results".......

Here is what my screen looks like... I was registered for the Oct. 2010 exam but didn't sit which is why there are no diagnostics/results..

NYS.jpg

This doesn't make sense. I called the Board and they told me that NCEES should have sent the results directly to us. NCEES says that they sent it to the Board for approval and waiting on NY.

This doesn't make sense. I called the Board and they told me that NCEES should have sent the results directly to us. NCEES says that they sent it to the Board for approval and waiting on NY.

It's NYS, they never makes sense, one hand has no idea what the other is doing..

Per the NCEES page regarding NY results.. It looks like the NCEES is waiting on validation from the NY board..

http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/NY.php

Results

When results have been released to the New York board (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account. The New York board will notify you of any state-specific exam results.

Per the NCEES page regarding NY results.. It looks like the NCEES is waiting on validation from the NY board..
http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/NY.php

Results

When results have been released to the New York board (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account. The New York board will notify you of any state-specific exam results.
That's exactly what happened for the October 2010 exam results.....I believe it was about 2 weeks after NCEES released them to the board.

Keep waiting NY. The NY Board holds results about 2 weeks after NCEES releases their results.

It's NYS, they never makes sense, one hand has no idea what the other is doing..
That is because the one hand is doing something very very bad. The other wants no part of it!

NCEES released FE results on May 16, and someone posted they passed on May 22 which was a Sunday... Hopefully we are just a few days away..

One more place for the obsessives (myself included) to check--NYS professions site lets you search the database of valid licenses. Friends taking the test in previous years have told me that NY begins posting results alphabetically prior to sending out notification letters/emails. There are usually one or two added a day (out of state transfers and the like), but if a large batch is added we should know the results are pending.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm

The most recently issued license (as of 3pm today) is 089379...

One more place for the obsessives (myself included) to check--NYS professions site lets you search the database of valid licenses. Friends taking the test in previous years have told me that NY begins posting results alphabetically prior to sending out notification letters/emails. There are usually one or two added a day (out of state transfers and the like), but if a large batch is added we should know the results are pending.

Now up to 089387.. With a bunch of the entries having out of state addresses I was thinking reciprocity but I crossed checked license # 089388 with Maine's directory but that person is not listed as having a ME license.. Maybe this is a sign?

I also crossed checked license # 089386 with their home town and nothing...

oh the agony of waiting..................so do we think we'll find out before memorial day or will it be sometime next week?

How much later was NY than CA for the Oct -10 results?
It was 10 weeks till the October 2010 test results were released in NY...

In April 2010, it took 55 days for NY testers to get their results via mail verse 92 days in Cali which was also via mail..

It seems hard to believe you can determine when we will get our results by looking at the response time in previous years because they're all over the place..

My bet is that the results are released tomorrow based on the response of the FE exam.. NY had the FE results released within 6 days of NCEES releasing the results to the board..

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the same thing happen to me. it chated with NCEES and they said that they will notify the "IT GUY". No worries, i passed. Hope you do the same.

Now up to 089387.. With a bunch of the entries having out of state addresses I was thinking reciprocity but I crossed checked license # 089388 with Maine's directory but that person is not listed as having a ME license.. Maybe this is a sign?

I also crossed checked license # 089386 with their home town and nothing...
Oh boy, that just takes it to a whole new level- lol. I hope we all pass and put this behind us :)

Back