New York License Watch April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
099514-099531 were all last names beginning in B  (not alphabetical order but all B last names), 099509-099513 were A names, idk if there it any kind of order but that'd be a weird coincidence
Yea, I'm B. Still waiting to get my numbers. Doesn't look like they updated any today.

Edit: Just called them and spoke with a nice lady. She looked at the status and said that my status was approved and in que to be added to the system and said to expect it to take 3-4 weeks from today. So not really sure what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like they are going in semi-alphabetical order. Got my number today!
Yea looks like they are mostly C's now but sometimes a B pops up. I'm still waiting with a B last name. When I called yesterday they said I was approved and in que to be added to the system and to expect it to take another 3-4 weeks. I just want my numbers, getting anxiety about it.

****, I think I've still got some time to wait, I'm pretty far down in the alphabet

I've heard that New York (and California and Florida) are hassles to attain through comity, but 11 months seems ridiculous. What happened when you called?
They kept saying that my "FE Grades" weren't in my NCEES Record for 9 months. Somehow whatever they were looking for magically appeared and they attempted to begin the review after apologizing. Then i had to update my NCEES record because your current job times out after 6 months, and you have to redo all that. So basically the actual review started almost 9.5 months after I sent in the application. 

You'd think I'd go straight to the top of the list after all this got worked out....but nope. I inquired 5 weeks after the "start" and was told that it usually takes 12-16 weeks to complete the review, and that I was at Week 5. 

I'm sure my application is going to time out after a year or something.

So I got a little annoyed today because it seems they are going in alphabetical order and they are clearly past B at this point. I called and spoke with the rep today and she stated that they actually just got all my information (passing score etc.) TODAY and that my review will take 3-4 weeks from today before I am entered into the system.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that they got some before others but she said they usually get them in batches and told me its not alphabetical and from when they get the results.

So I got a little annoyed today because it seems they are going in alphabetical order and they are clearly past B at this point. I called and spoke with the rep today and she stated that they actually just got all my information (passing score etc.) TODAY and that my review will take 3-4 weeks from today before I am entered into the system.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that they got some before others but she said they usually get them in batches and told me its not alphabetical and from when they get the results.
Smh, I'm not even going to get my hopes up for when they reach J...

I also called them yesterday to ask about my status. I took the chemical exam, which is now computer-based. So I actually took my exam on May 7th and received my results on May 16th instead of testing with the April group. When I called yesterday (6 weeks from when I got my results), the rep told me they haven't even received my results from NCEES yet. She also said that it often takes results from other exams (as in, exams not in the typical April or October test groups) to take longer to submit results to the state. 

So looks like I still have 4+ weeks until I might get my results, depending on when they end up getting my results....

I'm all the way down in the alphabet, they added 1 person yesterday, they were in the F's but the one random person yesterday was an S? IDK how every other states can all have it within a week of results but in NY we're over a month later now and still very few have gotten their licenses? Especially because they review all your experience and FE results before giving you permission to even sit for the PE exam, so what exactly are they reviewing at this point?

I'm all the way down in the alphabet, they added 1 person yesterday, they were in the F's but the one random person yesterday was an S? IDK how every other states can all have it within a week of results but in NY we're over a month later now and still very few have gotten their licenses? Especially because they review all your experience and FE results before giving you permission to even sit for the PE exam, so what exactly are they reviewing at this point?
I was thinking the same thing about what they need to verify - I thought our initial application to the board WAS verification that we were eligible to receive licenses after passing the exam. It would be interesting to see what actually takes so long. We are now at the end of the 4-6 week estimation the state's website gives since the results from NCEES have been released. I wonder if there are a number of other professions which are getting licensed at this time and data input is on a rotation between professions. Although that wouldn't necessarily explain why a few engineering licenses have been assigned over the last couple days.

It has been weeks since my friends from other states received their physical licenses that they have framed. I wonder what the dealio is for NYS? Could it really take this long to process?

I mean we only have some of the highest state income taxes of anywhere in the country (we have over 8%, while 7 states don't even have a state income tax btw), so I guess it's asking too much for them to be at least in the same region of efficiency of other states that operate on a fraction of the budget they have.

Seems as of 7/3 they are still in the H's with some random M's D's and C's mixed in, at this rate maybe I'll get my license around the time of the fall exam?

I mean we only have some of the highest state income taxes of anywhere in the country (we have over 8%, while 7 states don't even have a state income tax btw), so I guess it's asking too much for them to be at least in the same region of efficiency of other states that operate on a fraction of the budget they have.
Maybe someone should contact the state senator, congressman, or governor.

Back