New York License Watch April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of those added have addresses far from New York State. I'm assuming they are still pumping out the recip ones.
Nah, I think those are the people who took the exam in NY but lived out of state. 

But they were all from the April 2018 exam. Long way to go, not even close to 100 license yet. This includes all other discipline so I am thinking mine could come out for another week or two.

Nah, I think those are the people who took the exam in NY but lived out of state. 

But they were all from the April 2018 exam. Long way to go, not even close to 100 license yet. This includes all other discipline so I am thinking mine could come out for another week or two.
Ok, I see they've added a few more today. This waiting game sucks especially when other states issue them a few days after you pass the PE. I'm just anxious for it all to be over.

Does anyone know if we receive anything in the mail as well? Or is it just checking the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're up to 099447 now, and its still like a 50-50 mix of NY and far from NY licensees

I'm pretty sure these are reciprocity licenses. I recognized one of the numbers today who was a colleague who has a PE that recently moved from NC to NY, so my guess is that they have not gotten up to the license numbers for those who passed the April 2018 exam.

I applied for reciprocity in NY.  They cashed my check on January 29th and I'm still waiting on a license 5 months later.  I've called twice and they're always nice but all they can tell me is that my application is with the engineering board.

Seems like, yeah we have to wait a little while. 

Just spoke to one of the reps, and they were just "putting the grades into the system" then after that, it will go to "que" for licensing. Thats about another 2-3 months wow. How can it be this slow lol its 2018 for F sake! 

I am waiting for my approval just to sit for the PE exam which has taken over 8 weeks now but I thought for people who passed it says on the website that from the date NCEES gives the pass result, "After 4 to 6 weeks you may check our website to see if a license has been issued."

Looking at the Oct 2017 thread it took about 5 weeks from test grade release before they started adding new PEs in the system and it took up to 8 weeks for some to get their numbers. Could be a few more weeks for the new guys.

They received my application on 03/14

The notice to take the exam was sent on 05/02

So its about 7 weeks for me.
How long did they take to receive it after you mailed it out?  How long did it take from the day everything was mailed out to the day you received the notice? 

How long did they take to receive it after you mailed it out?  How long did it take from the day everything was mailed out to the day you received the notice? 
I can't really remember how long it took, but the 3/14 date is when they cashed the check, and if I can remember, they cashed it in pretty quick after i mailed out the application package. I had moved from my previous address, but when I wrote them to inquire, they said the approval notice was sent out on 05/02. Overall I would estimate about 8 weeks after I sent it in, is when they sent back the approval notice. 

Currently up to 099531, almost everyone since 099500 has been a NY licensee, think they may be starting on the new licenses

It’s definitely new licenses. A friend that I took the test with got his number and his last name begins with “A”. They are going in alphabetical order. 

Currently up to 099531, almost everyone since 099500 has been a NY licensee, think they may be starting on the new licenses
🤔Some recent passer might make it to the landmark #100000. How many takers were there at each test site?

I don't think it is? They said it is processed in order it is received. 
099514-099531 were all last names beginning in B  (not alphabetical order but all B last names), 099509-099513 were A names, idk if there it any kind of order but that'd be a weird coincidence

Back