New Jersey Results!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding is that the state board meetings are public in general. But, the exam results are not public. Even though the board can put PE results discussion in their monthly or bimonthly meeting in the agenda, they cannot discuss the results in public. So, the PE results will have to be in a private meeting. Then they can tell the board meeting participants that the board approved the PE results with such as such criteria without disclosing individual results. So, there may or may not be a board meeting for the approval process. But, there should a approval meeting or discussions, which can be a physical, virtual or electronic communication. That's my two cents.

My state hasn't event posted their agenda for the December meeting.

Matt, I think it makes sense not putting PE results approval item in the agenda. Technically, the examinee deserves to know the results first. The board meetings can be attended by any one. If the board wants to discuss the PE results in the public meeting, they will have to excuse all outsiders. So, it may not be in their agenda at all. But, the board will have to approve the results in a separate meeting or process.

Back