New Jersey Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m5snerbM4N1r9mp3g.gif

I'm also still waiting. I don't understand how slow/unequipped to handle this process they can be! I call them on multiple occasions and don't have any answers for me.

Oh and they say they are also waiting on my law exam, but I did the PCS law exam for NJ and passed. I sent in a copy of the record saying I passed, since obviously they don't have their act together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that my information for the NJ laws exam will be in the packet they supposedly mailed 8 weeks ago. They keep telling me that there's no other way for me to take the test until I get my packet.

At this point, I'm just hoping to be able to take that test by Christmas and get my stamp sometime next summer.

I was told that my information for the NJ laws exam will be in the packet they supposedly mailed 8 weeks ago. They keep telling me that there's no other way for me to take the test until I get my packet.

At this point, I'm just hoping to be able to take that test by Christmas and get my stamp sometime next summer.
I'm pretty sure that if you wait too long to complete the law exam, that your PE score will no longer count and you will be required to retake the exam.

pretty sure that NJ is one of the few states that has a time span that validity of the PE score, without obtaining the license.

so after relentless calling into the PELS office, and talking ot the same 2-3 people (they know me by name now and my story, so I dont have to explain my issue over and over again), they finally "processed my licensing documents". I looked myself up in their license search and my license number showed up. Now I just am waiting for the physical paper license in the mail. Hoping it doesnt 'go missing' like other things they have supposedly sent to me.

and like NJMikePE said, call often and call early (as in early in the day). I always called at 8:30/9am. Otherwise I would be on hold for more than 5 minutes.

So you actually got your congratulations letter and registration paperwork in the mail? They keep telling me I can't do anything until I get my paperwork.

So you actually got your congratulations letter and registration paperwork in the mail? They keep telling me I can't do anything until I get my paperwork.
Nope never got it. They said it was sent to me. But couldn't tell me when or how or to what address.

So they emailed me a copy of the registration.

Does anyone know if NJ sends out a certificate in addition to the actual license?

all I received was a letter with my license number and process for obtaining a seal, and then the license in the mail 2 weeks later.

Thanks

Did they tell you anything about continuing education requirements? I was told I would have to renew my license next year but he didn't say anything about how many are required for the year. I know biannually it's 24 hrs. The website has hardly any information about it.

I finally convinced them to email me the paperwork and they had the address wrong. Despite verifying my address 12+ times over the past 3 months...

The information provided said "no more than 24 credits of continuing professional competency relating to the practice of professional engineering during each biennial registration period"

Finally got my license in the mail today! Still haven't received the basic letter with information about the seal.

Anyone get a certificate yet?

Back