New Diagnostics Report

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that means if we have attach. 1.45 MB we failed :suicide1: :i_cry:

The new report format is much improved. It may not shed enough light to determine a cut score, but let's face it. If we pass, do we really care about the cut score? The new format it certainly more useful for determining relative weaknesses and focusing study time for the next time.
...I still don't want one with my name on it, but if I do end up getting one at least I'll know where I stand with regard to the average of the average passing score and what to study harder.
The diagnostic wouldn't help me. The reality for me is that I will have to restudy everything because I have forgotten most of what I learned since October 29th.

Please no diagnostic, Please no diagnostic, Please no diagnostic......

The new report format is much improved. It may not shed enough light to determine a cut score, but let's face it. If we pass, do we really care about the cut score? The new format it certainly more useful for determining relative weaknesses and focusing study time for the next time.
...I still don't want one with my name on it, but if I do end up getting one at least I'll know where I stand with regard to the average of the average passing score and what to study harder.
The diagnostic wouldn't help me. The reality for me is that I will have to restudy everything because I have forgotten most of what I learned since October 29th.

I hear ya...

AMEN to that...

that means if we have attach. 1.45 MB we failed :suicide1: :i_cry:
Or you've got a new dirty picture from your "girlfriend".
Either way, post it up :D

The new format will keep us from having to do all the mathmatical voodoo to figure out raw numbers, and raw passing score will be easy enough to figure out with enough diagnostics posted on here.

I initially thought the graphics on that report were worthless. NCEES states they are not to scale, and that can be seen in areas 17 and 18, where the examinee got 100% of the questions correct, but appeared to be in the 75th percentile. So some people got more than 100% correct?

But then I looked closer at area 4, where the graphics showed the candidate's performance just slightly above the "average." Since the candidate got 77% correct in this area, one could deduce that the cut-off for this part of the test is somewhere around 75%. So if we get enough people to report their raw score when the line is shown to approximate the average, we could come close to the raw score cut-off (assuming we get data on each area of a particular test).

I initially thought the graphics on that report were worthless. NCEES states they are not to scale, and that can be seen in areas 17 and 18, where the examinee got 100% of the questions correct, but appeared to be in the 75th percentile. So some people got more than 100% correct?
Maybe that means that 75% of the people got 100% on those sections.

That logic is so flawed that it took me a couple of minutes to conceptualize it... That would essentially mean they inverted the axis of the histogram, which is of no value. Let's assume there is a very difficult section where only 5% of the examinees got every question correct. That would mean the few people who got 100% of the questions correct would be in the 5th percentile, way over on the left side of the graph.

it took me awhile to figure out how to even read the graphic. not quite sure they really help all that much. The %s should be good enough to tell you where you need to study more.

Does it mean that the average score of passing applicants was LESS than 100%?

Latest posts

Back