NEED TIPS: What's the gold and what's the s**t

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alyx

Reaction score
I have a little background in surveying (undergraduate course) and zero background in Seismic.

Many many reference books available for CA special exam prep.

Such as PPI

Seismic Design of Building Structures (SEIS9), 9th Edition

345 Solved Seismic Design Problems (SESP5), 5th Edition

Seismic Principles Practice Exams for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination (SPPE3), 3rd Edition

CodeMaster Seismic Design 2006 IBC/2003 NEHRP/ASCE7-05 (SDINA)

CodeMaster Seismic Design Category 2006 IBC/ASCE 7-05 (SDIA)

Civil Surveying Sample Exams for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination (CSSE2), 2nd Edition

120 Solved Surveying Problems for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination (CSSP)

Surveying Principles for Civil Engineers (SPCE2), 2nd Edition

Such as PES's online course and DVDs

and famous The Seismic Design Review Workbook

However, overall what's the gold and what's the s**t. I would like to have your ideas and advices

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a little background in surveying (undergraduate course) and zero background in Seismic.
Many many reference books available for CA special exam prep.

Such as PPI

Seismic Design of Building Structures (SEIS9), 9th Edition

345 Solved Seismic Design Problems (SESP5), 5th Edition

Seismic Principles Practice Exams for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination (SPPE3), 3rd Edition

CodeMaster Seismic Design 2006 IBC/2003 NEHRP/ASCE7-05 (SDINA)

CodeMaster Seismic Design Category 2006 IBC/ASCE 7-05 (SDIA)

Civil Surveying Sample Exams for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination (CSSE2), 2nd Edition

120 Solved Surveying Problems for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination (CSSP)

Surveying Principles for Civil Engineers (SPCE2), 2nd Edition

Such as PES's online course and DVDs

and famous The Seismic Design Review Workbook

However, overall what's the gold and what's the s**t. I would like to have your ideas and advices
seismic design review book by Hiner is a must.. I studied 2/3 of the chapters of the book, and completely ran of time altogether to finish the book by Hiner. I got my diagnostic and I got marginally deficient in all but one catogory.. i am told that if I had a marginally deficient in that one last category also I would have passed... thats with only studying about 2/3 of the book only once..

Back