NCEES upcoming new Bachelor plus 30 rule for PE licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A companion push by ASCE is "encouraging" professors to become licensed PE's -- an idea I like. I'm always amazed how few are.

Have they specified what type of Masters degree you have to obtain?

Will they count an MBA or a MS in Physics or Geology? Many engineers obtain Masters degrees in other fields that may be more specific to their work. How will they handle these situations? Surely they wouldn't require someone with a MS in Geology and a BS in Civil Engineering obtain another degree.

Why "ignorant"? If someone believes education is a prerequisite for licensure, I don't see why that makes them ignorant. The problem with experience is that it's easy to fabricate.
The three Es (education, experience, and examination) seem like the best formula for ANY professional licensure.
The belief in education is one thing, the assumption that those who took alternative approaches to get their PE are "morons" is laughable, especially since those "morons" passed the same exam.

The belief in education is one thing, the assumption that those who took alternative approaches to get their PE are "morons" is laughable, especially since those "morons" passed the same exam.
Sorry... I must have missed the titling of "morons". I thought the irony was the model law was going to require BS+30 while there are still licensed engineers today that don't even have the BS.

Bachelor + 30 "hours" , 30 "days" , 30 "months" or 30 "years"?????

If someone has no degree in engineering but they went to engineer field for long years. They already approve to taking the FE and PE exam for now. If they fail the PE fron now until year 2020. (Can they still taking PE exam? Or they have to give up until they got degree?)
If someone fails the PE each time between now and the year 2020, perhaps it's time for a career change...

Back