NCEES Specification on

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Additional Construction AM (and maybe PM) references:

Basics for Builders: Plan Reading & Material Takeoff, Wayne J. Delpico; R.S. Means 1994

The Handbook of Civil Engineering, W.F. Chen; Boca Raton: CRC Press (1st ed. 1995, 2nd ed. ?)

the handbook of CE starts out with detailed descriptions of the AM Construction topics as listed by NCEES.

The Wayne J. text goes wayyyy into detail on estimating quantity and cost of EVERY item that could potentially be in a construction project.

I have the sample exam- there is one question about OSHA that I didn't have a clue about, but that might have been in the afternoon. The morning construction section consisted of: horz/vert curves, geotech stuff with moisture contents (already on there), and project management stuff (already there- traffic section I think). I didn't see any morning questions that weren't in the CERM somewhere, you just have to search them out. The practice exam also has the reference from which they got the equations or information to answer the question- I don't have it with me, but if you want I can go through and list off the construction books. My coworker had one of them listed and it has everything I need in it.
Please, could you send me a copy to

[email protected]

I have the sample exam- there is one question about OSHA that I didn't have a clue about, but that might have been in the afternoon. The morning construction section consisted of: horz/vert curves, geotech stuff with moisture contents (already on there), and project management stuff (already there- traffic section I think). I didn't see any morning questions that weren't in the CERM somewhere, you just have to search them out. The practice exam also has the reference from which they got the equations or information to answer the question- I don't have it with me, but if you want I can go through and list off the construction books. My coworker had one of them listed and it has everything I need in it.
Please, could you send me a copy to

[email protected]

Could you send me a copy? Please

to [email protected]

I have a copy of the Walker Estimator's Reference Book, 18th Edition - Copyright 1973. It is a hierloom passed to me by one of the old senior guys here who retired in 2004. The book is pretty good at explaining the means and methods of activities (I just love reading the labor rates the book uses - $7.10/hr).
Please email me a copy at [email protected]'

Thanks

^^^Sorry, the book is from 1973... it is a print copy, not a PDF and I am not taking the time to scan all 1685 pages in (plus the book 4-1/2" x 6".

Back