NCEES Record completed ..is the record number a private or public info?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably around 2 months from start to finish. Once they assign you an application number, you will receive a flood of documentation to fill out. Probably the biggest challenge is tracking down your respective references from previous employers.
They have to be from previous employers? I only saw 5 references, I was planning on just getting 5 people here.
:huh: Not sure if serious....lol
Very serious, and not completely crazy a question. How can I have someone from each of my employers (6), when you can only upload (5) five references.Reference DetailsSubmit five references that can reflect the character and diversity of your experience and are personally acquainted with your professional reputation. Your references must be currently licensed professional engineers and known as such to you. References cannot be your relatives by blood or marriage.""""
I thought previous employer references was a separate category of forms?

Probably around 2 months from start to finish. Once they assign you an application number, you will receive a flood of documentation to fill out. Probably the biggest challenge is tracking down your respective references from previous employers.
They have to be from previous employers? I only saw 5 references, I was planning on just getting 5 people here.
Very serious, and not completely crazy a question. How can I have someone from each of my employers (6), when you can only upload (5) five references.

Reference Details

Submit five references that can reflect the character and diversity of your experience and are personally acquainted with your professional reputation. Your references must be currently licensed professional engineers and known as such to you. References cannot be your relatives by blood or marriage.""

""
Well two points. When I first read that, for some reason "here" I thought you meant EB.com. Hence the "lol". Now I see you meant your current employer. Which is fine for getting the (5) PE references. Although those particular (5) should be able to speak to your reputation and be somewhat familiar with the work you do (which can be challenging if working for a large company w/ multiple divisions). However, if you are going to list any engineering experience from a previous employer, they are going to ask for a contact person to validate said previous experience. Which can also be challenging if the person(s) you worked closely with are no longer with that previous employer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very serious, and not completely crazy a question. How can I have someone from each of my employers (6), when you can only upload (5) five references.

Reference Details

Submit five references that can reflect the character and diversity of your experience and are personally acquainted with your professional reputation. Your references must be currently licensed professional engineers and known as such to you. References cannot be your relatives by blood or marriage.""

""
Well two points. When I first read that, for some reason "here" I thought you meant EB.com. Hence the "lol". Now I see you meant your current employer. Which is fine for getting the (5) PE references. Although those particular (5) should be able to speak to your reputation and be somewhat familiar with the work you do (which can be challenging if working for a large company w/ multiple divisions). However, if you are going to list any engineering experience from a previous employer, they are going to ask for a contact person to validate said previous experience. Which can also be challenging if the person(s) you worked closely with are no longer with that previous employer.
HAHAHA !!! No not getting refs from "here" ... I meant my current employer. I've worked with these guys at various different places and have known them all for my 20 year career, so I guess I'm all good!

Ya, I am lucky enough to work with enough PEs...another way to get those reference, you should join a local NSPE society

The wait continues... Waiting on my last character reference and employment verification to get approved. My reference said she mailed them out June 15 and here we are July 21st and NCEES still hasn't approved them.

Its like waiting to see if I passed the PE exam all over again. :violin:

I started my application process May 25th.

The wait continues... Waiting on my last character reference and employment verification to get approved. My reference said she mailed them out June 15 and here we are July 21st and NCEES still hasn't approved them.

Its like waiting to see if I passed the PE exam all over again. :violin:

I started my application process May 25th.

ncees hasn't approved them or hasn't received them? if that's all you're lacking, they should be able to tell you if it's in house and just not reviewed yet or what.

I emailed them last week and all they told me was that it takes 7-10 business days to process and that all references received up to that point were processed. I find it hard to believe it is lost in the mail.

It's probably lost in the mail, that's way too long for NCEES not to have approved it. You may want to consider having your reference send the documentation again.

I emailed them last week and all they told me was that it takes 7-10 business days to process and that all references received up to that point were processed. I find it hard to believe it is lost in the mail.

This was my experience exactly. I had waited over a month for it to process, with no luck. After calling a few times, it turns out they had misfiled several of my documents (references, transcripts). They were able to correct some of them, but made me get new reference documents. This time they let the references e-mail their information in rather than USPS mail. I started the process when my license number was issued on Jan 2, everything didn't get finalized until late March. The process for submitting information to NCEES needs an overhaul.

i have not received my card with number on it lol.but i have transmitted my records to DC board, a lot easier than redo what they want ...exp, references, transcript etc

YAY!! :appl: The status on my NCEES Record request went from waiting on documents to under review. This is Day 65 for me since I first started the application process. Hopefully not much longer now.

My NCEES record process started June 8. Went back and forth with their reviewing engineer on my experience write-up for a couple weeks. Got my record number on July 14.

YAY!! :appl: The status on my NCEES Record request went from waiting on documents to under review. This is Day 65 for me since I first started the application process. Hopefully not much longer now.
that's good..mine took 3 months because I started the process then left the country for a month for vacation... :)

Back