NCEES ABET Equivalency Criteria

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamgram

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing peoples' experience with the ABET-Equivalency Evaluation that is performed by NCEES to evaluate PE candidates with degrees that aren't ABET-accredited. I found the requirements online (see link below).

http://ncees.org/Credentials_evaluations/NCEES_Engineering_Education_Standard.php

I'm currently working on my Master's and I'm confident I will meet the requirements when I finish, but I'm trying to figure out if I will meet the requirements before then. I have more than enough Math and Science, but if I only count courses offered by the Engineering department I'm short on the Engineering classes.

Could additional chemistry classes (the same classes taken by chemical engineering students) count towards the Engineering classes? If you are denied, do they tell you exactly how many more credits of what type you need? Do you need an engineering degree to apply, or could I apply mid-way through my masters based on my non-engineering BS degree and the engineering classes I have taken thus far?

I don't expect to find an answer to that specific question on this forum, but I'm curious is anyone's been approved for something similar.

Back