Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but those had MacGyver in them..

I watched a few minutes last night, its on Amazon Prime. will try and finish it, seemed kind of hokey, needed a strong female co star, in some type of desert camo bikini or something..

Last edited by a moderator:
I developed a bit of a James Spader crush centered solely around Stargate. I was a sophomore in high school. That crush did not age well. 
I can't get over James Spader from the movie "Secretary" being the same James Spader that's in "The Blacklist".

I developed a bit of a James Spader crush centered solely around Stargate. I was a sophomore in high school. That crush did not age well. 
agree!!!  I think it is the lack of hair now...and the jowls that some people get as they age.  I hope I'm not a jowl person when I get older.   

Fired up “The Avengers, Infinity War” for the boys.  It was actually pretty amusing watching them watch the movie. They loved it...up to the end. The whole time leading up to the end, they kept up the idea that the good guys would pull it out. When they didn’t and characters started evaporating, Jack was almost in tears. He went from loving the movie to saying it was awful and saying whoever made the movie was a terrible person. They got better when I told them there was going to be another Avengers movie.

Finally got around to seeing Avengers, Infinity War and while it was entertaining I don't quite understand the mania about it.  

Watched "American Made" - pretty good.  Tom Cruise plays a pilot who ends up double dipping for both the CIA and the Medellin Cartel during the cocaine era.  

We saw three movies and one video this weekend: 

Christopher Robin:  Meh.

Won't You Be My Neighbor: Really came away from this thinking Mr. Rogers was a really, really good person. Still a cruddy TV show that even I found boring as a kid, if sweet. But definitely a good guy and had the best interests of children at heart. As far as the movie goes, it was a typical documentary in terms of style and pacing: lots of interviews with people who knew him, lots of bad quality video from the old shows. For me the highlight was Mr. Rogers testifying before Congress to increase funding for PBS, and of course Mr. Rogers kicking Nazi ass on D-Day. Well the actual real highlight was seeing it in our local theater-pub with a couple of Widmer Hefeweisens.

Eighth Grade: Was a lot more low-budget than I was expecting, but a good movie and extremely realistic look at being a middle schooler, at least a middle school girl, that is. I took my middle schooler boy to see it and he said it was pretty good but it made him feel kind of sad. As an adult with memories of middle school, it made me glad to be through with that experience, and reinforced my impression that middle school is THE worst time of life.

12 Years a Slave: Finally got around to seeing this on Amazon. Brutal. I've been on a Lincoln kick lately: watched 'Lincoln" and am currently half-way through Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals. This was an excellent addition to both of those. I had to reassure my wife at several points during and after the movie that not all white people were that terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Years a Slave: Finally got around to seeing this on Amazon. Brutal. I've been on a Lincoln kick lately: watched 'Lincoln" and am currently half-way through Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals. This was an excellent addition to both of those. I had to reassure my wife at several points during and after the movie that not all white people were that terrible.
Cool. Don't forget this one...

MV5BNjY2Mzc0MDA4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg5OTcxNw@@._V1_.jpg

As part of my week of jury dut, we watched 12 Angry Men.

b70-8531.jpg

There is no action.  There are no gun shots.  There is no CGI.  This is just a good drama movie with distinct characters.  I personally enjoyed how the most subtle pieces of the testimony of witnesses are pulled apart and discussed in the deliberation.  It's simple and I like it.  I give it four switchblades.  

Quiet Place:  The wife, I and our 14 year old loved it.  Probably too scary for the 9 yr old though.  Nice to watch something that wasn't a sucky sequel for a change.

Dr. Strange: MEH.  Another Marvel movie

Transformers: The Last Knight: I watched this for the boys sake.  The dialog was horrible, the plot was all over the place and of course they set it up for yet another movie.  I pray it doesnt get funded.

I was drinking last night but I could have swore I saw a movie trailer for a movie called "rich Asians"?  was I hallucinating again?

Back