Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw they are making a Terminator 5- man those people are genius... you can keep remaking the same idea with a slightly different plot cause there are almost infinite times you can go back and try and kill John Konner!

I think it would be cool if they would go back to the original movie premise and make it less hokie scy-fy (even though I love me some scy-fy)

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy and the new Planet of the Apes movies last week. They were both pretty awesome.

I didn't know anything about the Guardians comics or the characters, but they did a really good job giving us a backstory without getting too bogged down with an origin story (how many times do I need to see Peter Parker's uncle get killed). It really makes me wish Marvel studios took back the X-Men and Spiderman franchises from Fox.

The CGI in Planet of the Apes is amazing. They have come a long way since the 2001 Mark Wahlberg movie.

Saw Her? last weekend. Phenomenal. I thought it was seamlessly executed, which is a stunning achievement for any movie starring Scarlett Johansson.

Wicked...

star-wars-episode-7-posters-fan-3%5B1%5D.jpg

+10000000 SW

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. Kinda helps in figuring out who that may be. Although if the Millennium falcon, hans solo and luke are all in it, it can't be too much after

Watched "CBGB" last night.

For as many random movie or TV stars as they put in it (several of the guys from Harry Potter, Opie from Sons of Anarchy, "I'll never have metal legs" guy from Grandma's Boy, etc.), it was pretty bad and had virtually no plot. It was "here's a bunch of people pretending to be punk rock bands that are starting out but will be huge someday" with some stuff thrown in about how the club owner is terrible with money and his daughter is trying to help him with the books.

It was as though they went, "oh shit, has it been two hours already? Quick, roll the credits, we'll just skip the rest of the movie."

2/5

Back