Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We finally saw Rogue One Sunday, Have to say its always nice to see a star wars film in the theatre, but in all honesty, what "made" the movie for me was the last 30 minutes or so of the movie.  

Don't get me wrong it was good, maybe just all the new characters but it just seemed really slow until the end.  Like everyone else said the tie in at the end is the best and the final scene was really great. I think that made the whole movie for me..

We saw Rouge One yesterday, and I thought it was thoroughly Meh. Not nearly enough character development to make you care one way or another what happens to these people...and some of the strategic plot points in the movie just don't make any logical sense whatsoever. Not really impressed. But obviously, it was fun and I didn't hate it either. Just very meh.

did anyone else notice the "younger version" walking down the street of the guy that Obi Wan had to slice his arm off in the Cantina from Episode IV?

We finally saw Rogue One Sunday, Have to say its always nice to see a star wars film in the theatre, but in all honesty, what "made" the movie for me was the last 30 minutes or so of the movie.  

Don't get me wrong it was good, maybe just all the new characters but it just seemed really slow until the end.  Like everyone else said the tie in at the end is the best and the final scene was really great. I think that made the whole movie for me..
This is pretty much exactly what I thought of the movie, as well.

Overall, I thought the second half of the movie was much better than the first half, but maybe that's also just me getting excited for the battles between the fighter jets.

I also watched The 36th Chamber of Shaolin over the weekend. For someone who never considered herself a fan of kung fu movies, I would highly recommend this one! The choreography in the fights alone makes it worth it. In fact, the plot itself isn't so important, but the fights and just kung fu moves in general that are done are incredibly impressive.

Took Junior to see Assassin's Creed since she is obsessed with the games (always from watching me play).  I was glad they didn't cheese it up like they did some of the other video game based movies (e.g. that dumpster fire known as Prince of Persia).  That said, there was not enough action/historical time, and the movie was basically a two hour introductory prequel.

Star Wars, Kung Fu flick, Assassin's Creed...and I'm here watching The Secret Life of Pets with my 3 year old.

We watched "storks" and "miss peregrine's home for peculiar children" today.

At the end of storks, my 9yo daughter declared that she wants a baby. Luckily she remembered she has a 5 month old sister. She's happy with that for now.

Miss peregrine's home for peculiar children is a tim berton movie. I'm not sure what she thought of it.

Miss Peregrine was a huge disappointment.  The movie was a horrible adaptation (and condensation) of the three books.  On the other hand, Ms Peregrine was pretty hot...

Miss Peregrine was a huge disappointment.  The movie was a horrible adaptation (and condensation) of the three books.  On the other hand, Ms Peregrine was pretty hot...
Ahhh, Eva Green.

I'm not sure who's more overrated - Tim Burton, or Johnny Depp.

Watched "The Accountant" last night.  I gotta say, I liked it.  Not your typical action movie.  Had a couple twists at the end.  I think the first one is supposed to be the "big OMG" moment, although I saw it coming.  There's another good twist at the end that I did not see coming, but left me smiling.

Continuing the kids movie trend I've been on, watched Moana with mini-Ram.  Pretty good but certainly not very original.

Yeah I thought Moana was like a bad remake of Hercules but with better graphics...

The only redeeming part of the movie for me was the crab..

On the artwork side, Moana really nailed the look and feel of the tropical Pacific.  Really made walking out of the theater into the dark and snow difficult.

I went to see it last week.  I thought it was very good, with a pretty uplifting racial/gender equality message (as well as embarrassment at the "way things were").  The Fairbanks audience erupted in applause when it was done, and this isn't what you would call an enlightened place, typically. And apparently the movie's depiction of people and events was mostly true, unlike other movies which I have enjoyed, only to find out they really falsified a lot of stuff to make better entertainment (Eddie the Eagle, Sully).  I recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to see that movie too, its just not the kind of movie I need to see in a theatre, but will defin check out once its available on DVD, HBO, etc...

Back