Missouri reference requirement

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_1

Reaction score
I am a little confused about the reference requirement for PE exam in Missouri . From the application instruction it seems that I need more than five references at least three shall be professional engineers. According to the instruction, reference in section V shall not be duplicated to part VI and VI-A. It would be greatly appreciated if someone has recently applied to the board and clarify my concern.

I am a little confused about the reference requirement for PE exam in Missouri . From the application instruction it seems that I need more than five references at least three shall be professional engineers. According to the instruction, reference in section V shall not be duplicated to part VI and VI-A. It would be greatly appreciated if someone has recently applied to the board and clarify my concern.
Your five references are not to be your direct supervisors used in parts VI and VI-A to verify your work experience. Your three P.E. references are basicly just character references from people who happen to be P.E.'s. The three non-P.E. references are also character references.

Your five references are not to be your direct supervisors used in parts VI and VI-A to verify your work experience. Your three P.E. references are basicly just character references from people who happen to be P.E.'s. The three non-P.E. references are also character references.
You only need 2 non-PE personal character letter references. So in total you need 6 people backing you up. 1 Supervior PE. 3 Reference PEs. And 2 Non-PE references.

You only need 2 non-PE personal character letter references. So in total you need 6 people backing you up. 1 Supervior PE. 3 Reference PEs. And 2 Non-PE references.

I am licensed in Illinois, what if I don't know that many PE to back me up? can I still do it by comity?

I am licensed in Illinois, what if I don't know that many PE to back me up? can I still do it by comity?
It seems like Illinois makes things overly complicated. Call them up at 217-785-0800.

Back