Meanwhile in Alaska...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I passed after failing last year. That meant I had to work that hard all year again.  Don't give up.  Good luck!

I checked....good thing we drank last night....I failed. :( I was sooo prepared!!! Crappy Geotech exam.....lol Guess my life will consist of lots more studying again. At least this site lets me know I am not alone in the pile of repeat takers....there is hope we can all pass eventually....thanks everyone!
I feel like the little red box is even worse when the other half has those little letters after their name already.  You'll get it next time.

I checked....good thing we drank last night....I failed. :( I was sooo prepared!!! Crappy Geotech exam.....lol Guess my life will consist of lots more studying again. At least this site lets me know I am not alone in the pile of repeat takers....there is hope we can all pass eventually....thanks everyone!
Yikes! Sorry to hear. We were all pulling for you. But stay the course and stay focused & determined. You'll get there! :thumbs:

Practice tests are always good...It worked for me the second time around after having been through it once. You'll get it next time...At least bly understands the piles engineering books stacked everywhere!  ;)

Best of luck on round 2, Mrs. Bly!  You'll get it!

I feel like the little red box is even worse when the other half has those little letters after their name already.  You'll get it next time.
LOL I hear ya! I sure do hope two is the magic number for me....since my hope and dreams for first try are now smashed....and I also hope the Geotech exam is written with more actual problems to solve and not "take a wild guess at" questions in the April exam....lol

LOL I hear ya! I sure do hope two is the magic number for me....since my hope and dreams for first try are now smashed....and I also hope the Geotech exam is written with more actual problems to solve and not "take a wild guess at" questions in the April exam....lol
It was particularly bitter for me when hubs kept saying I'm smarter than him, and that he passed first try so I can too.  Then I didn't pass first try.  At least he didn't try that one again this time.  In fact when I called to say I passed this time, he almost sounded surprised.  Might have been that that wasn't what he thought I was calling about.  Not that he was shocked I passed.

Practice tests are always good...It worked for me the second time around after having been through it once. You'll get it next time...At least bly understands the piles engineering books stacked everywhere!  ;)
Right! I'm hoping two is the magic number for me as well....and yes, hubby understands the 6' folding table piled high with books in the middle of our living room....lol I left everything as is, you know, in case I had to study again....lol So, sorry @blybrook PE the table will not be coming down anytime soon....lol Let's hope the table comes down by summer...

It was particularly bitter for me when hubs kept saying I'm smarter than him, and that he passed first try so I can too.  Then I didn't pass first try.  At least he didn't try that one again this time.  In fact when I called to say I passed this time, he almost sounded surprised.  Might have been that that wasn't what he thought I was calling about.  Not that he was shocked I passed.
Awww, that is frustrating to hear. I am thankful mine didn't do any of that to me (I would have told him nope, he is smarter than me...lol). He just said to keep studying and do my best, which I did. I think he tried to keep an open mind, but secretly, deep down, I bet he didn't expect me to pass on the first try....lol I am really glad you passed this time, congrats!! That's funny about the phone call, and he probably wasn't expecting your news at that very second. It took my hubby two tries to pass also. I'm gonna work towards joining the two-tries-to-pass club now...lol

You'll get it next time, @mrs blybrook! And if you're anything like me, especially living in Alaska, you'll find it much easier to study in the winter/spring than the summer/fall.  Something about the days being shorter and not feeling the pull to be outside doing things as much.

It sounds like you have the right approach going forward. If you create a plan and stick to it, you should be good to go!

You'll get it next time, @mrs blybrook! And if you're anything like me, especially living in Alaska, you'll find it much easier to study in the winter/spring than the summer/fall.  Something about the days being shorter and not feeling the pull to be outside doing things as much.

It sounds like you have the right approach going forward. If you create a plan and stick to it, you should be good to go!
Yes, for sure, it was really hard to study some of the time (what am I saying, MOST of the time!) during those long summer days.....I LOVE to garden and sometimes that had to take precedence...lol But I did study hard, especially that last month or so. Well, on the positive side, I will force myself to learn more of those other things I don't know....lol

Yes, for sure, it was really hard to study some of the time (what am I saying, MOST of the time!) during those long summer days.....I LOVE to garden and sometimes that had to take precedence...lol But I did study hard, especially that last month or so. Well, on the positive side, I will force myself to learn more of those other things I don't know....lol
Knowledge is power! ;)

Latest posts

Back