MD Exam - Timonium Area

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John did you have to relinquished those items? It did get warm in there. Let me add, those seats were uncomfortable! Bring the seat cushion!! I should have taken heed to that suggestion.

Also invest in a pack of bungee chords to strap your boxes to the cart. Walmart had four for maybe $4. This one lady, her boxes kept falling over. I felt so bad for her.

They did take everything, which I was fine with. One pack was test masters notes which I probably wouldn't have used, then a 2011 NCEES exam, plus whatever random scraps of paper were in some of those books I hadn't opened since college.

It was Roberta from the MD licensing office that took it. She didn't seem to concerned about. I'm trying not to worry.

They did take everything, which I was fine with. One pack was test masters notes which I probably wouldn't have used, then a 2011 NCEES exam, plus whatever random scraps of paper were in some of those books I hadn't opened since college.

It was Roberta from the MD licensing office that took it. She didn't seem to concerned about. I'm trying not to worry.
Same thing happened to me JQ. I had my GA Tech binder which had in the back pocket, the packing slip I saved when it first arrived. It didn't even occur to me (with everything else on my mind at the time) to comb through everything to look for loose sheets of paper. Another good exam preparation tip I suppose. Anyway, they took only the loose sheet of paper which had me sweating even more during and after the exam. But then I realized if had truly been a problem, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to continue the exam. I wouldn't worry about it.

Did they let you finish the exam? If so, and assuming you didn't write anything into the stapled packet, then I would think you'd be okay.

Did they let you finish the exam? If so, and assuming you didn't write anything into the stapled packet, then I would think you'd be okay.
Hopefully you didn't have any pencil marks in the notebooks.

they would normally take it and give you back at the end of exam. I found some loose paper on mine before the beginning of exam and they took it and give it back to me after the exam.....but if they caught during the exam, ya you will get kick out

.....but if they caught during the exam, ya you will get kick out
This probably varies by exam location and/or proctor discretion. Because as I said above, they found my loose sheet of paper during the exam an just confiscated it. Nothing more.

Like I said, finished the exam. The woman who took the stuff didn't seem to think it's a big deal. Friday was the first day I have used a pencil to work a problem in a long time in anticipation for this test. I highly doubt anything had pencil on it, and I know for certain there weren't any test problems scrawled in code in my notes.

If there was an issue, you would know it.

I agree bc they were so strict about how high the books could be stacked and putting your snacks on the floor. So if it was a concern, you would know.

I'm sure you guys are right. Just one more thing to stress about though. Things are never easy are they?

yup, agreed about if they think there is a problem, you already knew it. They made a big deal about it last time I took it. 2 guys in my section got kicked out

I'll throw in something from PA even though this is a MD thread. PCS proctors were very good about having everyone go through their books before the exam was brought into the room and if any loose paper was found, they put a sticky note with your seat number on it and placed it on a desk up front. It wasn't an issue, just their way of looking out. I didn't exactly have any "loose" paper but did have sheets in the clear front of several reference binders. I asked if that was a problem and they said just to take them out to be safe.

As long as nothing was found or happened during the actual exam, you're fine. They would have taken your exam and made you leave immediately IMO.

I'm going to add to this thread for future readers.

Clocks .... Bring a watch.

Temperature ..... It got pretty warm in there in April

Seats .... If you are shorter you may want to bring something to sit on. I ended up sitting on two textbooks the entire exam. The chairs are relatively low in relation to the tables, and it's really hard to see the tabs on your books.

Boxes .... This killed me. All your material needs to be in clear bins. If you pack in bankers boxes you will have to empty them and keep them on the floor.

This probably goes for everywhere, but learn from my stupid mistake. 3 heavy duty staples binding 150 pages into a book isn't considered "bound."
The 'staples does not equal binding' is in the candidate agreement.

The clear bins requirement I have never heard of.

So they only confiscated the material you didn't have bound, right? Did you get it back?

John did you have to relinquished those items? It did get warm in there. Let me add, those seats were uncomfortable! Bring the seat cushion!! I should have taken heed to that suggestion.

Also invest in a pack of bungee chords to strap your boxes to the cart. Walmart had four for maybe $4. This one lady, her boxes kept falling over. I felt so bad for her.
I mentioned several times in several threads to be bring a tush cush! :p

I bet you guys are glad it's over. Welcome to your life back. :)

I'm going to add to this thread for future readers.

Clocks .... Bring a watch.

Temperature ..... It got pretty warm in there in April

Seats .... If you are shorter you may want to bring something to sit on. I ended up sitting on two textbooks the entire exam. The chairs are relatively low in relation to the tables, and it's really hard to see the tabs on your books.

Boxes .... This killed me. All your material needs to be in clear bins. If you pack in bankers boxes you will have to empty them and keep them on the floor.

This probably goes for everywhere, but learn from my stupid mistake. 3 heavy duty staples binding 150 pages into a book isn't considered "bound."
The 'staples does not equal binding' is in the candidate agreement.

The clear bins requirement I have never heard of.

So they only confiscated the material you didn't have bound, right? Did you get it back?

Correct. They only took the unbound stuff. I didn't really need it. I was 90% out of the EET Binders

I did not get it back. It goes to NCEES for analysis, and then I get it back.

Back