Maryland Exam Information

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbb222081134b4a330db16bb597a12cf.jpg

Update from tonight's meeting?
Yes, I have it on good authority that they voted to invalidate the whole state due to the fact that they waited 7 hours to remove people. One of the fitbits that was confiscated had been modified.

They said they were sorry, for what it's worth.

Yes, I have it on good authority that they voted to invalidate the whole state due to the fact that they waited 7 hours to remove people. One of the fitbits that was confiscated had been modified.

Holy crap that sucks!!!

Modified? Like overclocked it to count steps faster?

That really sucks if anybody that followed the rules is impacted. I would expect at a minimum a free admission to the next round... but I'd still be seething.

As far as keeping up with technology, I don't know why they try to differentiate devices at all. It should be a more inclusionary (rather than exclusionary) statement on what is allowed. Calculator, digital watch, car keys - that's it, nothing else electronic is allowed period. That seems to be the intent of the rules, but obviously it's not worded or communicated well if so many people are wearing their fitbits into the exam (there were a lot in the Houston exam, I was a little surprised...).

My guess:

Whoever: "I am so and so. Blah blah blah, I got screwed. Please grade my exam. At a minimum, please allow me to sit in October."

Maryland Board: "Thank you for your comments."

I'm trying to see if there are any meeting minutes but I don't think there are any.

so @Andrew2288   did you end up going to the meeting?
I did. But I could only stay for an hour... then I had to be at another meeting. 

Unfortunately, they did not address the fitbit issue when I was there. There were a couple others that were there, and I was hoping they would update us. 

Doesn't surprise me.

What's done is done... sounds like no impact to me.

^that was optimistic...IL takes upwards of 6 months or more to add board meeting minutes.  
Yeah well that state blows, which is why I left! ;)

True, it will take a couple weeks before they even post them. But it doesn't sound like it was even addressed.

Holy crap that sucks!!!
 Seems legit. 

Back