License Renewal

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cement

gray haired dude
Reaction score
It's almost that time for some of us :eek:ldtimer: on the board to renew. I just checked my state board and the message is:

Your license is not currently eligible for renewal. You may only renew your license if it is in a renewal period.
I'd be happy to send it in today!
It's amazing, and a little scary that with just my SS# I can see all my stuff on there. It's good that I checked though, because my old email was on there. They send the renewal notice to your mailing address anyway, but I want to besure not to miss it!

Colorado has no CEU requirement, so I'm just waiting until July 5th to type in my credit card info. I think I'll go make an outlook reminder. and maybe my cellphone too.

It's almost that time for some of us :eek:ldtimer: on the board to renew. I just checked my state board and the message is: I'd be happy to send it in today!
It's amazing, and a little scary that with just my SS# I can see all my stuff on there. It's good that I checked though, because my old email was on there. They send the renewal notice to your mailing address anyway, but I want to besure not to miss it!

Colorado has no CEU requirement, so I'm just waiting until July 5th to type in my credit card info. I think I'll go make an outlook reminder. and maybe my cellphone too.
FYI:

In MA the expiration/renewal date is the end of June and the board sends notices out in April. There's no real need for concern that you'll miss it unless you're a major procrastinator.

I've already sent in my MN and MA renewal fees. I think I'll be set for the next few months.

BTW: Did anything come from that MA stolen SS# scare? I've checked my credit report the other month and I saw nothing on my end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my notice from SC a few weeks back and renewed by computer. I'm good to go now.

Florida is having a fee 'holiday' on our next renewal. I don't have to pay - just click <<renew>>

:w00t:

But then the next cycle it will be back to taking it up the ..... :poop:

JR

I've already sent in my MN and MA renewal fees. I think I'll be set for the next few months.

BTW: Did anything come from that MA stolen SS# scare? I've checked my credit report the other month and I saw nothing on my end.
I haven't noticed anything personally and there hasn't been anything on the papers about it. This case was a stupid move by an individual that sent out the incorrect disc, as opposed to someone stealing or targeting the information. The letters and press release was a CYA move by the board for releasing personal info.

IMHO, In this day and age when there are databases of that information everywhere, true security is impossible. You just need to pray that the a$$holes that use it for fraudulent purposes don't decide to pick that one.

IMHO, In this day and age when there are databases of that information everywhere, true security is impossible. You just need to pray that the a$$holes that use it for fraudulent purposes don't decide to pick that one.
What is scarier is that the information is typically in the hands of gubmint employees thus invoking the lowest bidder syndrome - whatever bad can happen probably will happen or already has happened and not come to light yet! :eek:hmy:

JR

I renewed my P.Eng a couple of weeks ago online... $265... I wish it was $80 like VTEnviro's...

Since there is no PE exam here, renewal dates are based on when you were granted your license, so it can be any time of the year... mine just happens to be sometime in June, my wife has to pay up in November I believe...

As for the CEU, I put the hours I spent studying for the PE exams towards my requirement (must have a minimum of 240 hours within a given 3 year period, so one should should shoot for 80 hours per year).

I just got my license in February and normally we renew every two years in MI at the end of October, so I figured I would be good until 10/09. Nope! Gotta pay for the renewal later this year. :eek:ldman:

I just got my license in February and normally we renew every two years in MI at the end of October, so I figured I would be good until 10/09. Nope! Gotta pay for the renewal later this year. :eek:ldman:
Look on the bright side. At least you are renewing the license instead of paying for another exam!

Back