LEED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 6 month membership where you can take sample exams online, they are just like the real LEED exam, in fact, some of the questions were the same. I also have a study package I bought on ebay plus the Colorado study exam and package. Very very helpful, I aced the LEED exam and only studied for about 12 hours. $50 if you're interested. Can pay via paypal, will email all the info. PM me if you're interested.

I have a 6 month membership where you can take sample exams online, they are just like the real LEED exam, in fact, some of the questions were the same. I also have a study package I bought on ebay plus the Colorado study exam and package. Very very helpful, I aced the LEED exam and only studied for about 12 hours. $50 if you're interested. Can pay via paypal, will email all the info. PM me if you're interested.

i forgot to mention its for Greenexamprep.com

I am taking LEED NC 2.2 before the deadline - I am studying now, and though it is not real deep there is a lot of material for sure. I hope I pass, because if I don't I will be stuck with the new format.

I am taking LEED NC 2.2 before the deadline - I am studying now, and though it is not real deep there is a lot of material for sure. I hope I pass, because if I don't I will be stuck with the new format.

My supervisor came back from Dubai this week. He said LEED was the big thing over there.

I took am going to take the V2.2 LEED exam before the deadline. Have to sign up by next tuesday! And convince my company to pay for it :)

My supervisor came back from Dubai this week. He said LEED was the big thing over there.
I read somewhere that Dubai (as a location, not the gubment) is the largest purchaser of photovoltaic cells in the world. They are supposedly leading the way with sustainable design.

I guess they know the oil has gotta dry up sometime.

I read somewhere that Dubai (as a location, not the gubment) is the largest purchaser of photovoltaic cells in the world. They are supposedly leading the way with sustainable design.
I guess they know the oil has gotta dry up sometime.

Well, they've also got oodles of those pretty skyscrapers that they can completely plaster the things with.

I will take the NC and major renovations exam before june 30, 2009.

I have the LEEDS 2.2 NC book edition 2008 by Shawn Shahfar (including the 720 prctice questions)

Can anyone advice weither this is the right study material. and is it sufficient.

Thank you

Just got the email below yesterday, looks like LEED is finally implementing the continuing education requirements. If you go to the website, it looks like you can gain one of the LEED specialty designations by completing a specific set of CE's vs. taking the new exam... might be a good option for those of us that don't want to study for another exam.....

GBCI has just launched our new online system for our credentialing maintenance program (CMP)! We are now ready for you to join us on an exciting journey to expand the green building and LEED knowledge base.

Enroll in the program now to begin gaining continuing education (CE) hours for a variety of activities as you seek to stay current in your profession. See the attached CMP Guide, a handbook to help you make the most of your credentialing maintenance.

Your enrollment window, the period of time in which you can enroll in CMP is 08/25/2009 to 08/24/2011. No enrollment will be permitted outside of the enrollment window. Please note this is one-time process. Enrollment cannot be duplicated or negated. With the exception of volunteer and committee work with GBCI and USGBC, CE hours earned before you enroll don’t count toward your CMP requirements, so enroll now!

Feel free to contact GBCI staff at 1-800-795-1746 (within the US) or +1-202-828-1145 (outside the US) or at www.gbci.org/contact, if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

GBCI Credentialing Maintenance Staff

The difference between the LEED exam and say the PE exam is that the PE exam requires logic and the use of thought process.

I passed the LEED exam (old) with the minimum score the first time. It was a very difficult exam by the fact that you have to know the information, and are rarely able to "figure things out". I would compare it to a biology class exam rather than to any engineering exam. You need to know what something is and how it works, but unless you have been involved in LEED projects before, most people don't have the basic knowledge to be able to figure out an answer.

Good luck!

Guys,

I am planning on taking the LEED ND (Neighborhood Development) exam in a couple of weeks. I haven't done any preparations yet. Infact I only have the LEED AP - Neighborhood Development handbook and the LEED ND Reference Manual (that I downloaded from the website). I have a few questions (listed below). I will appreciate your inputs/comments etc

1)I think it is a two hour exam. I dont have any other books/reference etc. Is that good enough?

2) What can I expect in the exam?

3) Can you please share any straregy for preparation?

Again, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

PE_STR

Do you have any experience with LEED at all? Have you taken a LEED exam before? If the answer to those 2 questions is no, you're in trouble.

When I took the LEED NC exam last year I studied for a month with various sample exams, prep guides, and purchased the reference manual that is much more in depth than the one you can download. And I barely passed by a few points.

Then again, I know a few people who knew nothing about LEED or construction and passed with flying colors because they could memorize well. So who knows??

My experience is that the LEED exam is 100% memorizing. You need to memorize as much as possible for the exam. You should expect detailed multiple choice questions, where sometimes more than 1 question need to be selected.

The questions are not general, but very detailed. I remember getting questions about what X reference discusses (the sort of questions you would never expect anyone to memorize).

The strategy is simple: memorize as much as possible. If you haven't yet, or think you won't have the chance to do that in the next couple of weeks, that pay the fee and postpone the exam.

I havent seen any discussion from anyone after taking the 2009 format test. I am going to test some time soon and just dont know what to study. i have two of the reference books from the gbci website and will probably buy one of the practice tests, but i still feel like i have no idea what they are going to ask. is it just memorization? no reference material and no calcuator just makes me thing i need to memorize as much as possible and hope i can spill it out on test day.

I havent seen any discussion from anyone after taking the 2009 format test. I am going to test some time soon and just dont know what to study. i have two of the reference books from the gbci website and will probably buy one of the practice tests, but i still feel like i have no idea what they are going to ask. is it just memorization? no reference material and no calcuator just makes me thing i need to memorize as much as possible and hope i can spill it out on test day.

That's what the v2.2 test was like. I just memorized the reference guide credits and intents, and then the process of submitting a LEED project online. I took a few practice exams I found online, one was from the Colorado Chapter of USGBC that was recommended to me.

Not having taken the 2009 version I couldn't tell you how different it is, but the credits and intents haven't changed that much. So I can't see that the exam itself would be fundamentally different.

Back