Least Deserved ESPN Coverage ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This stupid "GREATEST DUNK OF ALL TIME" crap. I don't get it, the guy does one half-assed windmill-looking dunk, and it's the greatest dunk of all time? I'm not even sure it's the greatest dunk THIS WEEK.

Jordan from the free throw line? All the broken backboards of the 90's? The early days of Vince Carter? Sorry kids, not even in the same league as these.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ link? Was this the Pistons game?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Yep, from the Clippers/Pistons game. Baseball and basketball are the reasons I don't even switch to ESPN until at least August (although I might peek in once in a while to see something about the NFL draft or free agency).

Forgot to add, another thing needing a lot less coverage: Mock drafts. Do we really need to do mock drafts 6-9 months beforehand? They're even to the point that the day after the 2013 draft is done, McShay and Kiper will be doing 2014 drafts. This is akin to the Joe Lunardi "Bracketology" crap. Even the NCAA is clueless as to who will end up what seed until this week.

Soccer rules, most watched and followed over the world. USA is just backwards when it comes to sports (e.g. USA is 3rd world sports country).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_rKW3HL9GE

This stupid "GREATEST DUNK OF ALL TIME" crap. I don't get it, the guy does one half-assed windmill-looking dunk, and it's the greatest dunk of all time? I'm not even sure it's the greatest dunk THIS WEEK.

Jordan from the free throw line? All the broken backboards of the 90's? The early days of Vince Carter? Sorry kids, not even in the same league as these.
I think its been referred to as the best of the year, not all time.

"Are you kidding me", lol?! F'n dude got posterized! Looks like it goes off Knight's head :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_rKW3HL9GE

I think its been referred to as the best of the year, not all time.

"Are you kidding me", lol?! F'n dude got posterized! Looks like it goes off Knight's head :lmao:

"The DeAndre Dunk" is the first google result you get other than videos when you search for "greatest dunk of all time."

That, coupled with being too poor to do anything but share 1 ball between 30 people.

I read an article on Yahoo about the Jordan dunk. The guy was saying how since people get made fun of so bad when they get dunked on they might just start letting guys through. What a load of crap!! Its part of the game. You get shamed this time down, you shame the other guy next time down. Just because social media makes fun of people, doesn't mean guys are going to start crying when they get dunked on. I got/get schooled all the time on the court, I just make sure I try to return the favor.

I was always the short fat kid who could shoot really, really well, so it was best not to leave me hanging out anywhere within about 3-4 feet of the three point line. Unfortunately, I stayed short while everyone else grew, and it was time to pack it in once they started blocking me...

I haven't played any basketball since high school and none on a team since 8th grade. The main reason I quit was because of all the idiots that wanted to fight for every little thing that happened. They couldn't just play and have fun, they had to run their mouth. I could always compete fine, especially in the paint since I was one of the bigger guys in high school, but I got tired of the guys yappin'. I'd typically use my free time after weightlifting to shoot around and dunk some with a few other friends. That was a lot more fun.

I've got no time for jerks on the court. I play once a week with all the guys I grew up with. I still love playing but my offense is steadily going down hill.

^ Same here. In HS, my vertical leap was six inches. I doubt it has improved.
I could almost dunk a Volleyball in highschool, which was pretty good considering I was a 5'8" tall white boy. I can still hit the backboard, but I really haven't had a reason to do it anytime recently.

Wow Dex, that's pretty good. I could barely touch the rim back then and I'm 5-9".

I vividly recall trying to dunk on a hoop in my backyard that was lowered all the way by launching myself off a milk crate. Right foot hit crate, crate slid forward, I landed flat on my back. Envision Charlie Brown going to kick a football, and you're 99% there.

Back