Latest update from NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i understand they've got a tough job to do, and i appreciate the effort they make to be accurate. i just think that in this age of everything online, there's a few things they could do that would relieve a lot of anxiety. they do a pretty good job of outlining everything that happens w/ the exam process, but perhaps updating the status throughout the process would be good. they have a twitter account, it would seem like a pretty easy thing to do. for example, "scantron grading complete for chemical engineers." at least we'd have an idea of the timing involved. and it would at least give some data behind the "8-10 week" boilerplate answer at a bare minimum.
i'm just curious, how long does it take people to get results for medical boards, or the bar exam, or CPA exam? is 8-10 weeks a standard answer for those big, professional exams as well?

i'm sure the state boards have a role here as well, in that they probably don't want to deal w/ results trickling in and instead want to receive everything in one shot.
I don't know about medical boards, but I know several lawyers who have agonized over long waits for Bar exam results, but I don't know if those were the national (standardized) exam results, or the state-specific exams, which obviously vary quite a bit.

If the results are going to be released like the previous years ( some to the board, some to testing agency), what the fuss was about the new NCEES streamlining process. If they post everyone's results on the NCEES website so that every test taker can check their results, it can probably justify their new process. We just have to wait and see.

i'm just curious, how long does it take people to get results for medical boards, or the bar exam, or CPA exam? is 8-10 weeks a standard answer for those big, professional exams as well?
I think for the CPA, they get the results immediatly. They take the exam on a computer.

It appears the website is back up, but still no results... I got the standard Exam results/diagnostics not yet available

Just wondering if anyone cared to look at the new format for test diagnostics? Hopefully it will not matter this year but looks a lot more comprehensive. Outlines exactly how many questions for each section, how many correct, and how you compared to other test takers. This seems way more useful than the arbitrary percentage.

http://ncees.org/Exams/Pages/Scoring.php

NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.
How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

To find out how you will receive your results, go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead.

Thanks for the update

Just wondering if anyone cared to look at the new format for test diagnostics? Hopefully it will not matter this year but looks a lot more comprehensive. Outlines exactly how many questions for each section, how many correct, and how you compared to other test takers. This seems way more useful than the arbitrary percentage.
http://ncees.org/Exams/Pages/Scoring.php
This is great! This is what I call progress! Yes, hopefully it doesn't matter to me this year but NCEES is finally getting it. We are Engineers for God's sake. Why all the secrecy in the past?

So thanks NCEES for taking another step in making the PE process more transparent.

For everyone on this board this explain why the delay. They are putting a new system in place for exam result diagnostic and examinees notification.

Thanks Callan74 for bringing this up.

The notice on the website makes next week sound definitive. When I called this morning, prior to the update being posted, the lady I talked to said maybe next week. Not exactly confidence inspiring. The licensing director for the Texas board did at least tell me that results for Texas would be up the same day they receive them from NCEES.

I'm glad to see that NCEES is giving us this information, but I know that I won't see anything until after the new year, even if AK gets the results by Wednesday. Most people are on vacation for the holidays. Best to wander off, find something else to do & stay warm until then (-35*F at the house last night)...

Time to go attempt R&R while I, and many others, wait to hear the results.

Merry Christmas everybody & Happy New Year as well!

Back