Latest update from NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so sad. Why FE first than PE? They administered a day before the exam to the PE.

Glad to see they finally did this.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all we know they are drawing names out of a hat for who passes and who fails. Who holds them accountable for grading, pass/fail, and fees they charge. For as much as we pay for these exams, we should get better service.Nothing personal against NCEES but I just can't wrap my mind around it.
Chuck Norris holds them accountable.

BTW:

I feel sorry for the person who that scantron sheet in the image on their website belongs to. He bubbled in two answers for one question and left the following question blank =(

Edit: I take that back, those fields are probably vertically listed choices for basic information :X

This is disappointing. Time to relax and not worry for a few days. Happy holidays everyone.

For all we know they are drawing names out of a hat for who passes and who fails. Who holds them accountable for grading, pass/fail, and fees they charge. For as much as we pay for these exams, we should get better service.Nothing personal against NCEES but I just can't wrap my mind around it.
Chuck Norris holds them accountable.
He has a fist in his beard

I am just guessing that they will not come out with a statement as to why it took longer this time to process the results in comparison to the April 10 exam. Were there any major changes to the exam?

I am just guessing that they will not come out with a statement as to why it took longer this time to process the results in comparison to the April 10 exam. Were there any major changes to the exam?
I don't know about other states, but looking at the average number of days test-to-results from the last few years, next week is within the normal range.

I know they posted the notice, but it seems you still can't log-in. Maybe they are going to leave it down to tuesday when they return.

I know they posted the notice, but it seems you still can't log-in. Maybe they are going to leave it down to tuesday when they return.
I'm wondering if they've got it set up so that PE examinees get the error page, and FE examinees get their results. Would seem like a good way to reduce server loading...

NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.
How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

To find out how you will receive your results, go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead.
Thought y'all might enjoy a new version of a Christmas song:

PE, PE results are near

Time for dancing and time for cheer (hopefully!)

We have tested, but we can't last

Hurry results, hurry fast

Studying again, I hope no more

Me, I want a passing score

We can hardly stand the wait

Please NCEES, don't be late!

As much as I would like to have the results, they said 8 to 10 weeks from the very begining, and this Friday makes 8 weeks on the nose.

If they release the results next week one could take a strong position that they were right on time.

We are just anxious and impatient because of the level of effort we spent preparing, and the importance passing this test has to many. (for some it means promotions, for others it just means that we wont have to spend the next three months preparing for the April test).

Have a great Christmas and see you all next tuesday!

Tim

As much as I would like to have the results, they said 8 to 10 weeks from the very begining, and this Friday makes 8 weeks on the nose.If they release the results next week one could take a strong position that they were right on time.

We are just anxious and impatient because of the level of effort we spent preparing, and the importance passing this test has to many. (for some it means promotions, for others it just means that we wont have to spend the next three months preparing for the April test).

Have a great Christmas and see you all next tuesday!

Tim
I am with you Tim, the only problem is they told the Surveyors and the FE exam takers the same 8-10 weeks. Just not much rhyme or reason it seems. They have a tough job I know and people from this board constantly pestering them doesn't help.

I'm wondering if they've got it set up so that PE examinees get the error page, and FE examinees get their results. Would seem like a good way to reduce server loading...

Seems that way

i understand they've got a tough job to do, and i appreciate the effort they make to be accurate. i just think that in this age of everything online, there's a few things they could do that would relieve a lot of anxiety. they do a pretty good job of outlining everything that happens w/ the exam process, but perhaps updating the status throughout the process would be good. they have a twitter account, it would seem like a pretty easy thing to do. for example, "scantron grading complete for chemical engineers." at least we'd have an idea of the timing involved. and it would at least give some data behind the "8-10 week" boilerplate answer at a bare minimum.

i'm just curious, how long does it take people to get results for medical boards, or the bar exam, or CPA exam? is 8-10 weeks a standard answer for those big, professional exams as well?

i'm sure the state boards have a role here as well, in that they probably don't want to deal w/ results trickling in and instead want to receive everything in one shot.

Seems that way
It's giving an error to everyone. I took the FE and can't login.

i think the abiguity is to our benefit. as much as it sucks to wait. I know I'll be on the edge between passing and failing, so it depends on where they draw the line. I'm happy to wait if they are figuring out where that line should be. If I aced it, i'd be pissed waiting. Hopefully I squeeked by.

i understand they've got a tough job to do, and i appreciate the effort they make to be accurate. i just think that in this age of everything online, there's a few things they could do that would relieve a lot of anxiety. they do a pretty good job of outlining everything that happens w/ the exam process, but perhaps updating the status throughout the process would be good. they have a twitter account, it would seem like a pretty easy thing to do. for example, "scantron grading complete for chemical engineers." at least we'd have an idea of the timing involved. and it would at least give some data behind the "8-10 week" boilerplate answer at a bare minimum.
i'm just curious, how long does it take people to get results for medical boards, or the bar exam, or CPA exam? is 8-10 weeks a standard answer for those big, professional exams as well?

i'm sure the state boards have a role here as well, in that they probably don't want to deal w/ results trickling in and instead want to receive everything in one shot.
I don't know about medical boards, but I know several lawyers who have agonized over long waits for Bar exam results, but I don't know if those were the national (standardized) exam results, or the state-specific exams, which obviously vary quite a bit.

Back