Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since my kids are stuck at home with me I told them they have to watch one hour of Band of Brothers with me every night, as a family unit, until we finish it (or until they go back to school whichever comes first).

I had to sort of force them to watch the 1st episode but we ended up watching the first 2 last night with no complaints and everyone wanted to watch the 3rd... 

Finished Season 6 of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Highly recommend if you like a gritty/suspenseful cop drama.
I've been too busy to watch the latest season but trying to make some time for it.  Mini-Shush has been watching Monk on Amazon Prime and monopolizing the TV.

Uhhh, I feel so dirty.  We went up to Dayton to see the in-laws and get bootleg haircuts (stepdaughter works at a salon) and she was going on and on about 90 Day Fiance. Flipped on TLC when we got home and guess what was on...and a marathon to boot.

It's kind of like a cross between the Jerry Springer Show and if they set up bleachers at car accidents. Half the people on the show are meeting someone on the other side of the planet for the first time who they've been "dating" online and the other half are guys who are clearly going the modern day route of the mail-order bride.

*keeps watching youtube videos instead of netflix backlog*

I wish Netflix allowed my whole list to be seen on my tv, instead of cherry picking what it shows.  Like, right now it only seems to be showing long series when I'm more interested in just watching a movie.  And I hate searching through the app/on my laptop for my whole list.  *sigh*

Anyone watch The Outer Banks?  caught the first episode, but I get these feeling this is turning into 90210 meets Into the Blue?

Started watching Absurd! Nature on Netflix.  My parents suggested it to me, saying it was hilarious, and the first episode starts out kinda aimed at kids?  Like a kids animal knowledge show that doesn't go deep into each animal, but gives a kinda quick 'fact' about the animal.  Then they started talking about scrotum necks and prostituting penguins being as 'pure as the New Jersey snow', and it got a bit more dirty.  Each episode is only 20 min long/there is only 12 episodes in the series, so I hope to finish it tonight so I can tell my mom to stop quoting it at me.

"Unorthodox" on Netflix was pretty good.  I had no idea just how crazy/antiquated some of those Williamsburg communities could be.  I had been to Brooklyn many times as a kid with a cousin who was a jeweler and always saw the Orthodox Jewish men as commonplace on the sidewalks, but never understood that things were so different in their homes.

"Unorthodox" on Netflix was pretty good.  I had no idea just how crazy/antiquated some of those Williamsburg communities could be.  I had been to Brooklyn many times as a kid with a cousin who was a jeweler and always saw the Orthodox Jewish men as commonplace on the sidewalks, but never understood that things were so different in their homes.
It's crazy there.  My first company had a ton of remediation properties in Williamsburg over there.  It's wild.  One of my favorite things was when I was in full PPE/winter clothes and get them to mistakenly shake my hand only to realize I'm a shiksa. They def look down on women, especially women working, so there was a lot of "I said this in the field, here is an email to back up what I said so they don't do whatever they want.".  Also, there was a ton of cash purchases for property.  As in, I'd be working on a site, someone random Orthodox man would come up and be like, "Will this be for sale?  It says $3MM on the listing, but I can pay $2MM in straight cash" and I'd be bailing a monitoring well being like, 'uh.  do I look like I make those decisions?'

Only time it gets scary is when they randomly started the bonfires to burn all their bread/non-kosher food before Passover (I think), but they didn't tell anyone...so I had to flee my worksite because they started like 20+ of these all over Brooklyn and were blocking a ton of major intersections with fires and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get home.

Watched this with Mrs. Ram.

I remember a friend of mine telling me they had their own "police" patrol of the community and pulled him over and was giving him a hard time until he pulled out his NYPD badge an told them all, politely, to eff off before he arrested them.

Binge watched Season 6 of Bosch.  Continues to be very good.  S7 is supposed to be the last season but guess it's better it goes off on a high note than overstay its welcome.

Not sure which is worse, me going back and watching previous seasons of 90 Day Fiancé, or the fact that I legit saw a guy I used to work with at the VA on the show. He wasn’t the dude marrying the Russian, it was his brother, but sure as shit, there he was. Guy was a weird jackass. After seeing his family/friends on TV, I got a much better idea why he was a weird jackass. 

Watched the rest of the Chernobyl.  Good series.  Crazy what they had to do to contain it/prevent further disaster.

Coincidence that the anniversary of the incident was yesterday.

I watched the first episode of that but it was just too depressing (maybe will pick it back up)

We started watching WACO, now there is a little gem of federal government over-reach that I was surprised to find netflix making to be honest.

David Koresh wasnt a boy scout but I dont think 25 children needed to die to arrest a polygamist

I watched the first episode of that but it was just too depressing (maybe will pick it back up)

We started watching WACO, now there is a little gem of federal government over-reach that I was surprised to find netflix making to be honest.

David Koresh wasnt a boy scout but I dont think 25 children needed to die to arrest a polygamist
I couldn't stop watching.  I watched the first two and then the other three the next day.  The chief plant engineer was portrayed as a real jerk.   He ended up dying 9 years later from heart issues due to radiation.  I watched an interview of him taken the year before he died and he still didn't admit any responsibility.

I couldn't stop watching.  I watched the first two and then the other three the next day.  The chief plant engineer was portrayed as a real jerk.   He ended up dying 9 years later from heart issues due to radiation.  I watched an interview of him taken the year before he died and he still didn't admit any responsibility.
I really enjoyed it too--kind of depressing like RG said, but interesting to see the lengths they had to go to.  I remember when it happened--now I wonder how many Covid dramatizations we're going to see in a few years.

"Extraction" on Netflix was a pretty good action/shooter movie.  

Back