Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We finished the 2nd Season of Jessica Jones last night.  I'd rate it pretty good, maybe the best of the Marvel B-team stuff.  

Recently got into king of the hill. Honestly one of the most underrated adult cartoons. Extremely dry humor but that is what I love about it. 
Next you should check out Archer.

giphy.gif

When you live in NC for a few years, you have your doubts.  The people here could close their eyes and picture themselves eating in Tuscany if you put a bowl of Chef Boyardee ravioli in front of them.

Dude, Chef Boyardee ravioli is awesome.  Not "Italian" awesome, but "awesome by bringing back the memories" awesome.  That and you can separate the ravioli to scoop out the meat.  At least I found that fun back in the day.  :dunno:  

my grandfather was Italian but most Italian food is either "average" or terrible IMHO

Dude, Chef Boyardee ravioli is awesome.  Not "Italian" awesome, but "awesome by bringing back the memories" awesome.  That and you can separate the ravioli to scoop out the meat.  At least I found that fun back in the day.  :dunno:  
"meat"  yeah that what it is....right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched The Informant! On Netflix the other day. It was pretty good! I'd never heard of it, or at least don't think I did. It's a pretty crazy story, based on a true story, about a guy (played by Matt Damon) working for a big chemical company somewhere in the middle of the country, and how he becomes an informant to the FBI for illegal business practices his company was doing. There's more to it than that, though!

^That was a good one.

We watched Netflix's "Mowgli" last night. It was pretty good, definitely above average for family entertainment. Supposedly more true to the original Kipling, but I never read it ( = engineer) so I wouldn't know about that. It was definitely a little darker than the Disney version, though.

already watched it, just thought it was really slow compared to previous season - just thought it was a departure from the previous ones but maybe its their Empire Strikes Back season..

Just got this deal in the mail recently. I'm half-tempted to try it out given the ability to "build your own" channel line-up. But it includes some of the major sports networks that I don't have now. Would need to consider cancelling one or both of Netflix and Hulu. And now that we're on the tail-end of the regular NFL season, it's not as desirable. :dunno:  And I'm not sure if the Spectrum app is supported on platforms like PS3 and/or Samsung home theater devices which is what we stream from now. Anyone have anything similar?

20181222_090600 (363x800).jpg

Almost finished The Haunting of Hill House. I wouldn’t necessarily call it horror, more of a supernatural thriller. The characters are well written and well portrayed. The story flows well without a lot of down time or “filler” in between the excitement.  I definitely recommend it if it’s a genre you enjoy. 

Just got this deal in the mail recently. I'm half-tempted to try it out given the ability to "build your own" channel line-up. But it includes some of the major sports networks that I don't have now. Would need to consider cancelling one or both of Netflix and Hulu. And now that we're on the tail-end of the regular NFL season, it's not as desirable. :dunno:  And I'm not sure if the Spectrum app is supported on platforms like PS3 and/or Samsung home theater devices which is what we stream from now. Anyone have anything similar?
I get those quite a bit in the mail, but they all go straight in the trash. If I remember right the channels you choose from are able to be got for free elsewhere. Spectrum actually has a list of devices that’ll run their app. I know their newer smart TVs are on there...not sure about other Samsung stuff.

Anyone catch castle rock on Hulu? My kid gets a free Hulu subscription for some college deal- first two episodes were intriguing but just slow as F.

Waiting on next season of Punisher (if there will be one)

Watched “Bird Box” last night since I am apparently the only person on the planet who hadn’t watched it yet. Must have saved a fortune since their creature affects were just a couple leaf blowers. 

Anyone catch castle rock on Hulu? My kid gets a free Hulu subscription for some college deal- first two episodes were intriguing but just slow as F.

Waiting on next season of Punisher (if there will be one)
I pretty sure I saw some sort of preview or article or somethin on Punisher Season 2. Now just wondering how I will be able to actually watch it, since the kid is always around when we're Netflixing....

Currently an hour into Hustle & Flow, on Amazon Prime. I'd never seen it before (but my fiance has), and I think it's pretty good so far.

Back