Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
half way through season 4 of Bones (rewatching).   Archeologist/anthropologist was one of the things I wanted to be as a kid...but learned early on that there wasn't a lot of money in it and moved on to something else quickly.  

“Snow Piercer” on TNT. Better than the movie, but if you’ve had the misfortune of seeing the movie, you know that’s not saying much.

If you get down to it, it’s basically just a a crime drama set on a giant ridiculous apocalyptic train rather than a city. 

Been too long since I saw the movie, and they haven’t talked about it in the series yet, but did they ever try and explain why some idiot thought it would be a good idea to use a giant train to survive the apocalypse? Seems to me a building complex would be much more effective and efficient. 

The movie was pretty indirect about it.  I think the premise was that all other parts of the earth were deemed to be "uninhabitable" and the freezing came on pretty rapidly, whereas the train was powered by perpetual motion and designed for those conditions as part of a luxury rail line.  So the train was already available and could provide its own fuel/warmth/resources.

Finally made it through season 4 of Breaking Bad, one to go.  Show DEFINITELY gets better in the later seasons.  I still feel pretty meh about the early ones, and feel like they probably could have cut the total # down by at least a third without any detriment to the story.

I dont know which was worse, the bug jello or the little kids used as spare parts.. defin one of those movies I dont ever need to see again!

Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds.  Never watch this movie.  Although, the little brother fights are pretty much, spot on.

We watched "Da 5 Bloods" on Netflix last night. It's Spike Lee's newest film. Really intense; very good story. As I expected, Lee intertwined archival footage with filmed footage for the movie really smoothly. I honestly don't know a whole lot about the Vietnam War, but did have a few takeaways from this movie. I'd recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vietnam. But I haven't seen it yet, and probably won't. I'd like to, but too many sensitive people in my house who don't like war movies! I haven't been able to watch Midway or 1917 yet, both of which i really want to see.

Vietnam. But I haven't seen it yet, and probably won't. I'd like to, but too many sensitive people in my house who don't like war movies! I haven't been able to watch Midway or 1917 yet, both of which i really want to see.
Yeah, then unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend it. They do some flashback scenes of the characters' time in the war, and then there are also some somewhat gruesome parts in the present day. Take this with a grain of salt, as my tolerance for blood and violence in film is not very high, though I will still watch the movies and just cover my eyes in the gruesome parts.

I didnt even think the action scenes were all that good - it was like watching someone play a video game..

But the Midway story is just so good that it pissed me off they didn't really portray the outmaneuvering that the US Navy did to win those battles, being           outnumbered they way they were, sure there was some luck involved, but if that had went the other direction it would have been a much longer war effort.

F is for Family is pretty funny, but I can only take it in 1-2 episodes at a time. I loved when the guy drove his son to the recruiting office...  now if the Vietnamese are as tough as the Koreans, you better make sure to learn to shoot straight!

Watched a few of the new Unsolved Mysteries series on Netflix - they were okay but defin lacking IMO, and then I found some of the original Unsolved Mysteries on amazon prime - with Robert Stack, one thing is for certain, there have been, and always will be sadly, some very fucked up people in this world that will do just about anything for $400..

Back