Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was having an argument with the GF when I got out of the car to pump gas. I return to find her laughing. Apparently, upon my exit, Junior took it upon herself to say "geeze, men - am I right?"
Kid's say the darndest things. That could be a TV show.

he cant get his full license till October- we didn't read the fine print that says you have to have your learners for 365 days.. but I am looking forward to it to be honest..

Does Colorado have the "can't drive anyone but immediate family members"/curfew provisional licenses for kids until they turn 18 like some states do?

I think so, and it will be "dads rule" also

kind of glad I have a few more months to worry about it. we have him signed up with this program where he drives 30 hours with a (off duty) cop next month! Kind of a neat drivers school we found, I am hoping they give him the Drill Sgt treatment. DID YOU JUST MERGE INTO THE NEXT LANE WITHOUT SIGNALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snickette inflicted minisnick with his first sibling injury by running over his toes with her walker. you'd think the world ended with the way he went on.

I took Mini YMZ in for her kindergarten evaluation yesterday. She came out of the test with a different lady than the one who took her in. I stood up and the lady who brought her out looked at me, said "Umm...", and then started to hand her over to a different family. I think she thought I was someone's teenager who had tagged along. Does this happen to anyone else? (snick - I'm looking at you)

I've had that happen but under different circumstances. It's usually when I'm dealing with child services, but they are insistent in not handing the kids over to me.

:dunno:

I took Mini YMZ in for her kindergarten evaluation yesterday. She came out of the test with a different lady than the one who took her in. I stood up and the lady who brought her out looked at me, said "Umm...", and then started to hand her over to a different family. I think she thought I was someone's teenager who had tagged along. Does this happen to anyone else? (snick - I'm looking at you)
Nope, by the time my oldest reached Kindergarten they had aged me 10 years easy

Jack has decided he wants to start playing football. They do it by grade so he plays with kids his own age, but because of his size he isn't allowed to touch the ball, i.e. no hike the ball, hand it to Jack and get out of the way. They already asked us to get them a copy of his birth certificate and report card so they can have it on file. I'll let you figure out which one he is.

Football.jpg

well that's not fair that they won't let him have the ball, that's discrimination!

but really, at that age, isn't it supposed to allow them all the experience of football, if they won't give him the ball they how is he ever going to learn how to really play the game...

But then how are the other kids supposed to learn when they are getting run over by a kid who is a foot taller and 40 pounds heavier than them?

I don't have a problem with it. It's not like he has to stay away from the ball, he can still pick up a fumble or grab an interception. I was surprised to hear that there are actually leagues that still sort kids based on size. It sure wouldn't help him if he had to play on a team with a bunch of 4th/5th graders who've been playing for a few years.

But then how are the other kids supposed to learn when they are getting run over by a kid who is a foot taller and 40 pounds heavier than them?

I don't have a problem with it. It's not like he has to stay away from the ball, he can still pick up a fumble or grab an interception. I was surprised to hear that there are actually leagues that still sort kids based on size. It sure wouldn't help him if he had to play on a team with a bunch of 4th/5th graders who've been playing for a few years.

they learn to get out of the way ;)

Jack has decided he wants to start playing football. They do it by grade so he plays with kids his own age, but because of his size he isn't allowed to touch the ball, i.e. no hike the ball, hand it to Jack and get out of the way. They already asked us to get them a copy of his birth certificate and report card so they can have it on file. I'll let you figure out which one he is.

Who knew that little league football coaches were birthers...

Mini-Ram is now in a throwing phase. He'll just toss things around. I'm hoping it's something he'll get out of quickly.

Jeb: my kids never got into football, but I understand that pop warner around here divides the kids based on age and then size. They just don't let the big kids play period. The big kids have to wait until the their age and size coverage towards the norm or until the size restrictions are lifted when they get older. I recall one parent of a big kid saying how stupid the whole concept was because his kid wasn't allowed to play but the reality is that if anyone was going to excel at football it's the bigger kids. He found a "big kids" league a couple of towns over where the kid could play. Yes the kid was playing with kids his size that were generally older but if he truly wants to play the game he'll learn more from the older kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we don't want kids hurt but come on! its "football" the only sport where "size matters" to me they are doing a disservice to the smaller kids cause they will never make it in high school...

Fucking helicopter moms taking over the world....

I hate this school year already, and it hasn't started.

My oldest is going back into school, from being in a full time ABA clinic (she's autistic) for the past year and a half. I have no idea what grade they will put her in, and neither does the school. They wouldn't let me register her until last Thursday, so now it's a mad dash to figure it all out. Fun last minute school supply shopping when it's all figured out....stressful!

Just received neuropsychological evaluation on my youngest...she is ADHD. She is repeating kindergarten, even though her fluid reasoning testing came back at 7yr 3mo level, when she was tested at 5yrs 11mo age. She is normal or above average everywhere else, except on academics. Repeating because she has difficult learning due to the ADHD. Pedi won't put her on meds, and referred us to a psychiatrist. Psychologist states she needs to be on meds to focus and learn. Concern that if she does get on meds, she will be super board in K, but school refuses to put her in 1st grade. This is my kid that has been playing MMORPG's since she was 4, among doing other things more advanced than kids her age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back