Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like mini-Kevo will be leaving the mega expensive daycare we currently have her going to. She will be moving to a preschool program put on at our school district that happens to be at the elementary school that she will be actually going to. We visited it yesterday and mini-Kevo loved it.

Also, it is like $150 per week less than our current daycare. :)

with minisnick starting kindergarten this fall, which is all day here, the daycare bill will drop. I'm not sure by how much yet though. Savings are always great!

YMCA daycare has been a blessing this summer. Junior loves it, its dirt cheap, and the sucker goes from 7 or 8 am to 6 PM!

snickette's clogged eye duct eye has been eye booger free for almost two weeks...took almost 6 months for it to clear on its own, but I think we can check it off the list. she gets her 6 month shots on Friday...that will be a fun day. I suspect after her appointment we will be spending most the day cuddling on the lazy boy.

snickette's clogged eye duct eye has been eye booger free for almost two weeks...took almost 6 months for it to clear on its own, but I think we can check it off the list. she gets her 6 month shots on Friday...that will be a fun day. I suspect after her appointment we will be spending most the day cuddling on the lazy boy.
My youngest had a clogged duct after he was born, I think it took something close to 6 months before it finally let out a bunch of nasty for about 2 days. Good luck with the 6 month shots, our Dr delayed a few that aren't necessary at that young of an age to help with the fussiness. He got them at his 9 month or 1 year, I don't remember.

it wasn't too bad this time. She cried when the needles went in then once I picked her up she stopped crying almost instantly. Her legs were tender the rest of the day and would semi cry when something touched her thighs but she fell asleep soon after getting back her carseat and slept through my stops at a couple stores then a hr or more when we got home. A much milder fever, it never broke 100 but definitely warmer than normal. just a little clingy on saturday

Did y'all try squirting a little breast milk on your babies' clogged tear duct? That seemed to work for us.

minisnick is branching out from just Spiderman everything...ironman and hulk smash are super cool now too. He was sort of bummed when I showed him the spiderman zipper pull I got for this bookbag.

Continuing with the theme of wives worrying too much...

• Mini YMZ starts kindergarten next Monday. We transferred her to a school in a different neighborhood.
  • I recently learned the transfer school only has half-day kindergarten and that our daycare's elementary program will only be able to take her if she's in the early class. So I won't know if we'll even have afterschool care for her until they post the class schedule the day before school starts.
  • A recent job change means I might now be able to enroll her in the multiage program at our neighborhood school, which we weren't able to do before because we couldn't commit to the mandatory parent participation requirement. This would mean our afterschool care is secured, along with the superior education and whatnot. I'm waiting to hear if they'll let us transfer into the program.
  • My MIL was really disappointed in our decision not to do the multiage program, so I feel guilty about that.
  • I keep meeting people who seem to be kickass parents who enrolled their kids in the multiage program, so I feel guilty for not enrolling Mini too. I know it would be best for her, given her personality.
  • If we're able to transfer into the multiage program, I feel guilty for pulling out of the other school so close to the first day of school.

I can already tell it's going to be a rough week. Will probably stay awake at night worrying and have tummy issues. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just walked by a young kid who's mother just bought him a toy musket. There's much worse parenting desisions than kindergarten choice.

I was having an argument with the GF when I got out of the car to pump gas. I return to find her laughing. Apparently, upon my exit, Junior took it upon herself to say "geeze, men - am I right?"

I was having an argument with the GF when I got out of the car to pump gas. I return to find her laughing. Apparently, upon my exit, Junior took it upon herself to say "geeze, men - am I right?"
And at what point did you take a selfie and make it your current avatar?

photo-thumb-3230.png

Back