Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, and jello seems to be the preference over ice cream right now. Never had mine out but I think I would be all about the ice cream.

Tonsillectomy went well yesterday. Dr said her adenoids were extremely large as well as the tonsils so it was a good decision. She is doing well this morning so looks like recovery shouldn't be too hard on her/us.

Here's to hopefully no more sore throats, dr visits, and medicines.
glad to hear.

Thanks everyone, and jello seems to be the preference over ice cream right now. Never had mine out but I think I would be all about the ice cream.

it's because of the adenoids... I had both out and didn't want ice cream because the milk products = mucus production and coughing wasn't comfortable

cloth diapers for the win!

Amen to that. Bug1 was in cloth part time (disposables at daycare) and Bug2 has been in cloth full time since she was 3 days old, including at daycare. Even with buying fancy pockets for daycare use for the second kid, we broke even on cloth diaper costs vs. disposables around a month ago when Bug2 was 9 months old.

As a bonus, Bug1 was fully potty trained (day and night) by around 2 years 4 months - we had 6 glorious months of no diaper changing before Bug2 made her arrival. It's total anecdata but cloth diapered kids definitely potty train earlier.

It's total anecdata but cloth diapered kids definitely potty train earlier.
Negative. There's statistics to show both. And I have friends where it was exactly opposite. Disposal was trained before cloth. All depends on the methodology and the individual IMO. ;)

yru6erar.jpg

NJ#1 learned how to write my name in chalk today.

Thank you New Balance for making spiderman shoes without being official spiderman shoes....pure genius!!!!!!!

I have tried the cheap spidey shoes for minisnick before and they wore out within a month....back to new balance for us. Minisnick has been wanting spiderman shoes again for awhile. They look exactly like spiderman without the pictures. he took one look at them and asked if we could take them home.

I have tried the cheap spidey shoes for minisnick before and they wore out within a month....back to new balance for us.
Do they last that much longer than the granimals or whatever $15 shoes you buy at walmart? We always buy the cheap shoes and they last 3-4 months but we can get 3 pair for $40-50 so we figure they can get variety and combined they will last as long as a namebrand shoe. I've never actually spent the money on a namebrand kids shoe so I don't really know how long they last but figured no more than 6-9 months.

it depends on minisnicks growth spurts, I have bought new shoes only to have to replace 2 months later because his feet grew overnight. CHeap shoes are wore out within a month. His last pair of new balance, which I only paid about $20 for since I needed new shoes too. (shoe carnival get second pr half off sort of thing) have lasted probably 6 months. The stitching on the shoes were starting to unravel within the last couple weeks but they were getting small on him.

So NJ #1 had her first bedwetting accident since going to bed w/o a pull up, about two weeks ago. I hope this does not cause a regression.

I hope so. She came out of her room and went into the living room and just stood there and cried until we woke up and came to her.

Back