Just Got This E-mail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look people, the internet is a system of tubes. When you try to cram 40,000 scores into those tubes simultaneously, there are bound to be difficulties. The tubes get clogged. Let NCEES pour the drain-o and everything will be fine by February.

Look people, the internet is a system of tubes. When you try to cram 40,000 scores into those tubes simultaneously, there are bound to be difficulties. The tubes get clogged. Let NCEES pour the drain-o and everything will be fine by February.
:appl:

What the f@ck happened to the EB I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
When the goin' gets tough...

"NCEES is a little more than just a testing company. Your complaints will be ignored"
A testing company that gets all of its income handling State Government Applicants for Licenses.... !

I can think of a few new senators and congress men/woman who arnt to fond of any goverment fed agency that doesnt have some competition.
NCEES doesn't deal with license applications that is the respective states job. They make money off test fees. NCEES researches and writes the tests, administers them (for some states), grades them, and reports the scores to the states (some cases directly to the individual).

For IL all NCEES does is provide and grade the test. IL has its own testing company which administers the test and the state boards handles the application.

NCEES also suggests/recommends policy ideas to the states to keep the engineering profession current and meaningful. It is up to the state to decide if they agree, prime example BS +30hrs and PDH requirements.

Why would you promote competition if the point is to have a standard test across the nation? You can suggest your state use a separate administering company like IL, but you still don't take NCEES out of the equation. you will still be waiting for the results like everyone else. The tests are their intelectual property and they have spent millions developing them.

With all the info, texts, music, emails, etc. uploaded and downloaded over the web every second... 40,000 scores is nothing. Everything is already seperated by State. They could make one link for each state that takes you to a page of scores, ordered by last 4 digits of SSN or testing No. with a P/F grade. The F's could be sent the breakdown at a later date.... Not that hard.

how long did it take to get SAT results back, I don't remember? It definitely wasn't 2-3 months....

With all the info, texts, music, emails, etc. uploaded and downloaded over the web every second... 40,000 scores is nothing. Everything is already seperated by State. They could make one link for each state that takes you to a page of scores, ordered by last 4 digits of SSN or testing No. with a P/F grade. The F's could be sent the breakdown at a later date.... Not that hard.
I take it you did not take the computer engineering PE module.

I take it you did not take the computer engineering PE module.
Nope... but my 15 year old nephew could do it.

You create all the pages first, with all the info - then grant access - then email everyone the link. It's all public record anyhow

NCEES had technical difficulties? They do the same thing 2 times a year...hasn't changed in 15 years. Are you effing kidding me?

"NCEES doesn't deal with license applications that is the respective states job. They make money off test fees. NCEES researches and writes the tests, administers them (for some states), grades them, and reports the scores to the states (some cases directly to the individual).

For IL all NCEES does is provide and grade the test. IL has its own testing company which administers the test and the state boards handles the application.

NCEES also suggests/recommends policy ideas to the states to keep the engineering profession current and meaningful. It is up to the state to decide if they agree, prime example BS +30hrs and PDH requirements.

Why would you promote competition if the point is to have a standard test across the nation? You can suggest your state use a separate administering company like IL, but you still don't take NCEES out of the equation. you will still be waiting for the results like everyone else. The tests are their intelectual property and they have spent millions developing them."

You are correct... they handle the testing, but the testing for Most States Licensing Application. No matter how you shake it, they are part of a mandated state system used in almost every state of the union, and benefit financially from it.

Why would i promote competition....... To increase speed and accuracy in the testing, and grading processes. How do you know if they are doing a **** job or not if there is no other to compare too? They are the only business on the block. I know my power company is screwing me too.

"NCEES doesn't deal with license applications that is the respective states job. They make money off test fees. NCEES researches and writes the tests, administers them (for some states), grades them, and reports the scores to the states (some cases directly to the individual).

Why would you promote competition if the point is to have a standard test across the nation? You can suggest your state use a separate administering company like IL, but you still don't take NCEES out of the equation. you will still be waiting for the results like everyone else. The tests are their intelectual property and they have spent millions developing them."

You are correct... they handle the testing, but the testing for Most States Licensing Application. No matter how you shake it, they are part of a mandated state system used in almost every state of the union, and benefit financially from it.

Why would i promote competition....... To increase speed and accuracy in the testing, and grading processes. How do you know if they are doing a **** job or not if there is no other to compare too? They are the only business on the block. I know my power company is screwing me too.
:thankyou: :waiting:

Back