Jeep Complainers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well Dvinny, being a Wrangler owner you see I dont consider a Cherokee a "real Jeep" nor a liberty, commander,etc :p
Just old school Jeep humor, dont kill me liberty owners, even though its true, I mean you know I am kidding...
I don't pretend that my Liberty is the "real deal" either, especially since Chrysler now owns them. I wanted a Wrangler since I can remember but that would be a little impractical now with the family. The Liberty is too small now but I refuse to pay little more than 20k for a new vehicle. I have been impressed with my Liberty though. It has the Selec-Trac 4WD system and I really like that. My old house had about a 1/4 mile dirt/gravel driveway that was pretty steep. We had some pretty big snows last winter and the Jeep never flinched. I have a Chevy Metro for a work car and it was a lot of fun trying to take that thing up the hill. It spent most of the winter at the bottom of the hill.

I have 3 kids, when the wife bought her hybrid car this summer we kept her old car,02 Dodge Durango, it sucks major gas, but we just couldnt get rid of it for a decent amount of $$ (it has major miles on it >200,000) so I alternate driving it when I have kid duty, I know the time is cooming soon when I will have to sell the Jeep, but I am hoping to keep it at least one more year :sniff:

I am trying to convince the old lady that our best option is to sell the wranlger and durango, and buy a new 4 door wrangler, and if we need a family car for vacation we just rent a mini-van, sounds like a plan to me, the new wrangler can fit 5(technically)

I cant recall the name of this carrier, but it was in dock while we were wheeling, it made for a nice backdrop......
006_06.jpg
that's a pretty sweet pcture.

here one you jeepaholics will like. they race jeeps on the lakes with big ol spiked tires. i see these rigs getting towed to the site, they have 4 inch spikes on the tires

http://www.ourgangiceracing.com/JimmyVideo.html

part of me would like to keep the jeep (get a normal vehicle) but put a serious lift on it, and mainly only drive it for wheeling, offroading, spring, etc,.but storage is just a problem

when I bought her she was a surfer jeep:

279541B-Jeep.jpg

here is her after a few mods (these tires are 31's I havent gotten a new pic since i got the new lift and 33's put on) I also had to remove the step bars to get the 33's to fit :brick:

DSC01645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking Jeep RG. I like the blacked out look. A flat black paint job would look nice on a Jeep IMO.

you wouldnt believe how hard it was to get rid of the old rims, First I thought I could actually "sell them" lol,,then I put ads in "free sections" of the classifieds, 4X4 websites, etc, I was going to take them to the landfill, and finally I drove by a place that sold used rims early one morning and just left them there..

Back