It's Monday :-(

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell. Gas will jump $.15 here just because there's a refinery in Lousiana that might be effected...

The fuel prices jumped $0.15 on Friday, everyone was trying to get fuel & I witnessed the station actually running OUT of unleaded! Thankfully, it didn't affect diesel (yet) and I was able to fill my tank. The price of diesel has jumped back to near $4/ gallon, unleaded was just over it this morning at a couple of stations.

Around here, fuel prices went up at least fifty-seventy five cents the afternoon Katrina hit, and by the time I left work, most gas stations had sold out. And we're a third of a continent away.

Oh, and I had an empty tank and a 48 mile trip home.

It was awesome.

Next day, NO ONE was exceeding the speed limit, trying to conserve fuel.

The day after Katrina is the ONLY time I have ever paid less for 100LL than the local gas station was charging for car gas. I was flying out of a little airport in SW MI at the time.

I'm debating topping off up my 100gal aux tank. May have to do that anyway if I decide to drive to Anchorage this weekend.

oh-bother-300x232.jpg

i could use a new one here at the office. This one is probably 6 yrs old and is getting S.....L.....o.......w

^ same here. Mine actually got to the point where it would barely load CAD it was so slow. I told I.T. the hard drive was getting ready to fail. But they kept blowing it off. I eventually just imaged the drive myself and threw in a spare solid state drive I had at home. Performance improved considerably. :thumbs:

It's Monday for me... but the good news is that it's "Employee Appreciation Day/Week" so lunch is catered and our new plotter is sitting in the warehouse while we make room in the copy room for it...

^HA...employee appreciation...the CVS across the street does more for apreciating us than the state. They get so much business from us that a couple times a year they offer us a couple days of their employee discounts.

^ Yup, this is the 3rd year for it I think.... I thought it was a 1-yr thing, due to elections/etc, but it's kept going.... It's catered, but a limit of $12 a person.... Most every place we called told us $14.50+ for a plate... So we set up tables in our maintenance garage and we'll eat down there... with the racks of lumber on the wall it'll feel like eating in the aisle at Lowe's/Home Depot

it's employee appreciation week at mr snick company this week too. He got an email on monday from his regional manager stating that he was bringing a cookie pizza into the office for the occassion.,..too bad mr snick and half his coworkers are field guys that work from home offices around the midwest, not the main office in KS. Sometimes thing shouldn't be sent out to all. I asked mr snick if he replied to the email about having a slice fedex'd to the house...

What's employee appreciation?
I never heard of it either.

I worked at a place once where the sales manager would buy pizza for all the salesmen as 'employee appreciation day' and make a point of not inviting (or allowing to eat, he told a production guy 'Put it down, it isn't for you.') anyone else.

^^^ I think Capt is still cranky for needing to put the slice of pizza down...

Back