It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is DEAD in this office on Fridays. I can count the number of people on the entire floor on one hand.
Don't you have every other Friday off?
I do, and this was supposed to be that Friday.

I had to go to my former site yesterday to meet with the AI to close out some NBIC R-1's on some damaged vessels. By the time I was done, it was after 1:00. Rather than drive to Charlotte for 2 hours worth of work, I just opted to come in this morning instead, since I need to head to Pineville for the inspection anyways around noon.

With these damn gas prices, I'm all about one trip rather than two.

DaveChapelleRickJames.jpg

TGIF!! I need a drink!

And the weather is GREAT! :)
Sunny and 42 today, the perfect temperature for canines and water after work. They get punchy when everything is frozen, given that they are water dogs.

I'm thrilled for temps in the 40s after baking in Florida last week. I like the 80s as a decade, not a reading on the thermometer.

Already watered the yard / sand / weeds / whatever, played with the kiddo outside to wear him out, washed pots and pans, and drank four cups of coffee. Let's get the day started!

Promised my wife (back in February) that I'd have her new sink installed by April. It's been sitting in the garage since... August?

Guess what I'm doing this weekend...

Nuthin' wrong with the old sink, 'cept she thinks it's the wrong color... Just sayin'...

if its the wrong color its the wrong color. I'd want to change a sink too if I didn't like the color. I avoid the basement in our house because i can't stand the decor/color. Its that last room on the list to get a face lift.

:rolleyes: not alterior motive. The old wives tale goes that if the palm of your hand itches it means someone is going to give you money...and if you are going to gamble it could be a good omen for winning some $$

Well, I've been at work since 5 am this morning. We work 4-tens, so I typically am off on Friday. I'll be here for another few hours today and then we'll be back in tomorrow to finish the job. With the OT I already worked this week (Wed and Thurs were both 14 hour days), it's turning into a very long week, but the extra money will be real nice.

:rolleyes: not alterior motive. The old wives tale goes that if the palm of your hand itches it means someone is going to give you money...and if you are going to gamble it could be a good omen for winning some $$
Apparently my hand didn't itch enough. I ended up losing $100, but at least I made it last 7 hours.

Well, I've been at work since 5 am this morning. We work 4-tens, so I typically am off on Friday. I'll be here for another few hours today and then we'll be back in tomorrow to finish the job. With the OT I already worked this week (Wed and Thurs were both 14 hour days), it's turning into a very long week, but the extra money will be real nice.
I just finished a string of four 65+ hour weeks. The money will make a nice little dent in the engine work I'm having done but I'd rather have the time. Looks like I should be back to my normal 45 hr weeks for a while though.

Sink is in. Looks nice. Wife happy.

Time to clean up my mess and then go play in my shop. :)

Back