It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote that he was abandoned. Why? because people suck.

The "wild cats" we had were yard cats that were adopted. When we trapped them, it was to take to the vet for spaying. Outside cats are great for keeping mice and snakes away if you live in the country.

Growing up, we had a couple stray cats that wandered around the yard from time to time. We'd put out food for them, especially in the winter. They did a good job of hunting down pests around the yard.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!! That means instead of going to the library with my CERM I get to go to the pool with my two-year-old. HELL YEAH!

I have to get estimates on some roof repairs. We got 2.75 inches of rain Wednesday and the roof sprung a leak.

if it leaked only after having been subjected to 2.75 in. rain, I'd look for locations where water might have accumulated and overtopped flashings or pushed up under shingles or otherwise compromised typical details. You're roof may well be intact, just unable to handle the volume without backing up somewhere.

Turns out the addition is flatroof, and it is giving up the ghost due to its age. It looked pretty ratty. We had two guys lined up to look at it Friday, and one guy 'forgot' to show up. The one quote we got was 1400 for a 32 X 8 area. Sounds kinda high, but I've been lucky in not having to have a roof repair done.

I ended up leaving work at 4 PM last Friday to avoid the major rain storm. But then I ended up sipping on a latte with iPod girl ... :bananalama:

JR

Back