Iowa has caught up with the rest of the nation!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnac

EE, Forensic Investigator & Code Instructor
Reaction score
Iowa is now e-mailing notification of exam results. Yay we're....last.

How did you find this out? I'm glad they're trying to do something to speed things up.

Unless something changed for the April 2011 exam, Minnesota still doesn't email exam results.

How did you find this out? I'm glad they're trying to do something to speed things up.
I e-mailed Jennifer M. with the Iowa Exam Board. I guess I didn't know that MN still did snail mail too, I thought we were the last. 3 years behind everyone? I think not. Take that, South Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
I e-mailed Jennifer M. with the Iowa Exam Board. I guess I didn't know that MN still did snail mail too, I thought we were the last. 3 years behind everyone? I think not. Take that, South Park.
I don't think New Jersey emails results either... LOL That makes me wonder. How can such important part of the business be so many decades behind our technological advances...

Wisconsin also uses snail mail (because of PCS). :brickwall: And I'm not certain of this, but I think any states that use PCS to administer engineering examinations will receive results via snail mail from PCS.

Tennessee still uses snail mail as well. I have even heard stories of people who have changed their address and their results were still mailed to the old address. :2cents:

Iowa is now e-mailing notification of exam results. Yay we're....last.
I wonder how much time this will really shave off our wait? Iowa has historically been around 80+ days in returning exam results...Does this mean we will get results in maybe 77 or 78 days now?

Always hate to be the "first time" at something, the unforeseen problems rear their ugly heads. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I wonder how much time this will really shave off our wait? Iowa has historically been around 80+ days in returning exam results...Does this mean we will get results in maybe 77 or 78 days now?
I was told 8-10 weeks. Instead of 10-12 weeks. So I guess if 80 days was the norm before, it's hopefully about 65 days?

The NCEES website for Iowa says that NCEES will send an email notice that says you can log into their site and get your test results. Results should be out quicker than before. Here's the link:

NCEES Iowa Website

Back