I'm shooting for results on December 21st

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipswitch

Reaction score
Seems logical at this point. What say you? You really can't fault Dark Knight for suggesting the results would be this week. They most certainly would've been released this week if the IT douchebag at NCEES knew what it was doing. ( I say "it" because I'm trying to remain politically correct).

I say it's possible, but at this point I'm too digusted at NCEES not getting their act together.

I'm still figuring next week. Tomorrow will only be 7 weeks. I am tired of waiting though.

There is no logic to the process. NO ONE knows when this going to happen, not even the NCEES, so we're just wasting our time. If the NCEES knew how to be professional and actually communicate real dates to their clients (the people who take and PAID for the test) rather than dreamy and hopeful windows of opportunity, we wouldn’t have to worry. Instead, they leave it up to a bunch of wannabe clairvoyant chatboard engineers who shouldn’t be predicting result dates and spreading false hope and anxiety. The entire lack of communication by NCEES is disruptive to the people whose lives and lives of their family hinge around the results of this test, from bonuses, promotions, and job opportunities.

I KNOW y'all are tired of waiting. I remember how it was. I was a nervous wreck. I'm glad I'm not waiting this time. I feel bad for those who are. But, remember, test results are not your whole life. So, if the results are released on the 21st, a few days before Christmas, that will be great for those who passed, but not for those who didn't. Just remember, not passing should not ruin your family time. I passed, but only on the 4th attempt. I hope the results are what you are hoping for.

I KNOW y'all are tired of waiting. I remember how it was. I was a nervous wreck. I'm glad I'm not waiting this time. I feel bad for those who are. But, remember, test results are not your whole life. So, if the results are released on the 21st, a few days before Christmas, that will be great for those who passed, but not for those who didn't. Just remember, not passing should not ruin your family time. I passed, but only on the 4th attempt. I hope the results are what you are hoping for.
:appl:

Well said. I'm in CA, which is always the last state to report. Even though I want my results, I'm glad they won't be available until after the holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no logic to the process. NO ONE knows when this going to happen, not even the NCEES, so we're just wasting our time. If the NCEES knew how to be professional and actually communicate real dates to their clients (the people who take and PAID for the test) rather than dreamy and hopeful windows of opportunity, we wouldn’t have to worry. Instead, they leave it up to a bunch of wannabe clairvoyant chatboard engineers who shouldn’t be predicting result dates and spreading false hope and anxiety. The entire lack of communication by NCEES is disruptive to the people whose lives and lives of their family hinge around the results of this test, from bonuses, promotions, and job opportunities.
Many of my family and friends are as anxious as I to get the exam results. It would have been nice to let everyone know when I see them again for Christmas however, it seems a bit selfish of myself to center the holiday season around exam results. I've spent enough time refreashing websites this week. I think the best thing we all can do at this point is focus on the holidays and family and find something enjoyable to do while waiting for results. Have a good weekend everyone! : :wv: :

I think you may need alot of ammo and a fully automatic if you want to hit that target. The only thing we're getting on 12/21 is the first day of winter.

I think you may need alot of ammo and a fully automatic if you want to hit that target. The only thing we're getting on 12/21 is the first day of winter.

First Day of Winter? Whats with all the snow in the East? It's going to get worse?

Drudge says some lunar eclipse/ winter solstice event is taking place on the 21st. The last time this happened was 456 years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if NCEES completely screws the pooch on this tentative release date because of cosmic interference bullshit.

Y'all, brace for a wait until January. Sounds like the NCEES is having issues and I am sure that they'll be working a short week next week too. Just send out the blanket family/friend e-mail to stop asking.

Y'all, brace for a wait until January. Sounds like the NCEES is having issues and I am sure that they'll be working a short week next week too. Just send out the blanket family/friend e-mail to stop asking.
Yeah..not much happens snail mail anymore..including NCEES sending results to states/test takers..I am shooting for 24 Dec for results release in Co

Geeze, you guys. 6 months from now, you won't even remember how long you waited for results. And believe me, there are things in life and in your career that are far more agonizing to wait for.

Not to mention the fact that it's never cool to badmouth anyone on a public message board, let alone the guys who are grading your exams and releasing the results..... not that I'm saying they would be so unprofessional as to let that influence their work.... but I wouldn't do it.

Geeze, you guys. 6 months from now, you won't even remember how long you waited for results. And believe me, there are things in life and in your career that are far more agonizing to wait for.
Not to mention the fact that it's never cool to badmouth anyone on a public message board, let alone the guys who are grading your exams and releasing the results..... not that I'm saying they would be so unprofessional as to let that influence their work.... but I wouldn't do it.

I can only think of one thing more agonizing than waiting for these results... Failing and doing it again!!!

:brickwall:

Here's what you all need to keep in mind. ONE of the reasons this IS so special is the wait. If you took the test, then handed it in, and got immediate results then if you failed you could go back the next day and take it, then how special would it be?

Trust me, when you do pass, and later on, you're able to look back at it all, you will appreciate this wait. I know I now do!

As many times as I have waited I can never remember being this anxious. The guys above are right though, when you get that passing score you forget all about the wait. Hopefully it will be this week!

Here's what you all need to keep in mind. ONE of the reasons this IS so special is the wait. If you took the test, then handed it in, and got immediate results then if you failed you could go back the next day and take it, then how special would it be?
Trust me, when you do pass, and later on, you're able to look back at it all, you will appreciate this wait. I know I now do!

Blah blah blah..... I just want the damn results!!!

Just messing man... you're right, but it's torture at the moment...

I am with you on this one. I have been waiting for what seems to be forever. But when I look at it from the outside, I have been working hard trying to get my work done before the holidays, and I am sure they are doing the same. And NCEES getting comments from us , is like when interior designer making comments about engineering. To be honest for most of us, what do we know about how to administer and grade a national exam?

I am with you on this one. I have been waiting for what seems to be forever. But when I look at it from the outside, I have been working hard trying to get my work done before the holidays, and I am sure they are doing the same. And NCEES getting comments from us , is like when interior designer making comments about engineering. To be honest for most of us, what do we know about how to administer and grade a national exam?
Great point! I love the anology too!

Back