Illumination Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairhopeEE

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the exam and been faced with questions on lighting? If so, was it something that could be figured out without too much difficulty? I am trying to put the finishing touches on my prep but just realized I've barely thought about the topic. I am tempted to just blow it off and hope there are no lighting questions on this upcoming exam, but if they have been easy in the past, I might re-think that strategy.

I took the exam in April 07 and only saw one or two questions. The ones I saw had no calculations, they were practice type questions.

I guessed and got them right, I know that because after the exam I checked the IESNA (Illumination Engineer Society of North America) handbook. I borrowed the book from a local university to study it a while, pretty good stuff.

If you can borrow the book from a local engineering university library, bring it as a reference. Otherwise, study time is better spent of calculation type problems. You'll never memorize the whole book.

Good luck!!

I took the exam in April 07 and only saw one or two questions. The ones I saw had no calculations, they were practice type questions.
Do you recall what topic they covered? Illumination can get pretty complicated..

Back