Illinois

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone have a contact at cts that can give us a turn around time from when they get the results from ncees to when the results will be available online?

Yea, its quite an ordeal isn't it. I don't know why IL has a middle man. CTS does send out letters but my fiancee tested last Oct. and he knew from the states website before he got the letter from CTS. He didn't even know you could check on there.

I failed mechanical in October and did not get any formal letter. Good luck to all of us.

As far as the IDFPR, I guess you can search for license number, but how long does it take fthem to input new licenses?

From NCEES on Wed, June 2, 2010 2:59:31 PM:
IL score results are sent to the testing service, Continental Testing Service. FE & PE results are going out this week.

Great. The only problem is, from my experience CTS does not send out letters, and my login was wiped out in their system. I will be in the dark until someone checks my file manually. Fantastic!

Yea, its quite an ordeal isn't it. I don't know why IL has a middle man. CTS does send out letters but my fiancee tested last Oct. and he knew from the states website before he got the letter from CTS. He didn't even know you could check on there.
CTS has a contract with the state for ALL of its testing needs, whether engineering nursing, or even just testing for a state job.

I don't have a contact there.

For IDPFR, the last license number right now is 062062463 but they keep adding comity licenses.

Maybe I was mistaken and my fiancee's letter came from IDPFR, I don't know. I just know he found out between Christmas and New Years from the IDPFR site so the turnaround must not be that bad.

Is everyone else ready to be licensed now? I still have a year of experience to complete.

The quickest way to find out if you have passed the exam is to visit the CTS web site. Once they have the information, they will input it into their system. The letter from CTS will not show up at your house for about another 2 weeks after it is available on their web site.

just talked to a co-worker of mine who took the test last april and kept an eye on this site. apparently, ncees told people who inquired by email that they would be sending the results to cts on june x and the results were posted on the cts website the same day. so, i would assume that the results should be available on the cts site either today or tomorrow. time to wear out the refresh button.

I'm really hoping we get results tomorrow! I'm just sick of waiting, I don't care pass or fail just tell me. I walked out of the exam thinking I failed so I don't even think it would ruin my weekend. I'd just have to get to work on finding a class to take that doesn't want $2000.

still nothing. i really don't want to go through another weekend with this hanging over my head. come on continental testing...you can do it.

The boards have died I guess everyone's decided its not happening today. ;)

RESULTS ARE UP!!!! I passed! Atleast I think I did... In the "Overall Exam Results" line is just says one word "Pass"!

I have been checking for my husband all day, and now his grade is PASS. However, the overall exam results still say incomplete for licensure.

I failed. October here I come. Anyone know of any good review courses in Southern Illinois or St. Louis.

I have been checking for my husband all day, and now his grade is PASS. However, the overall exam results still say incomplete for licensure.

Both my "Grade" and "Overall Exam Results" line say "Pass". Maybe they haven't updated some parts for some people yet.

i told myself i wasn't going to check for results this weekend but i couldn't help myself...and they were up! PASS!

My exam results say PASS!

But, I still have a question:

Since Illinois changed the rules this year, so that you can now take the PE exam before having all 4 years of experience, I took the exam early. I'm currently about two months shy of 4 years.

However, I can't find any instructions on the IDFPR or Continental websites about what I should once I do meet all the requirements. I filled out the online application to register for the exam (writing in the experience section that I didn't have it all yet, which was an option in the online application), but the written application is rev dated August 09 (before the new rules). I suppose I could fill out a written application and N/A the part about registering and paying for the exam, or re-submit an online application...

Does anyone know who I should contact for clarification? Or point me to the website that says what to do?

I typed in all my information on the Continental Testing website, and I received "No record found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours." as the result....What the heck does that mean?

I typed in all my information on the Continental Testing website, and I received "No record found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours." as the result....What the heck does that mean?
Make sure the "Profession" code in the last box is correct. 062 for PE, 081 for SE. If you enter the wrong one, you get that message.

Back