If I dont pass

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djshortsleeve

I'm a PE!!!
Reaction score
No way I am retaking in October. I can't study this soon or in the summer. I don't remember much as it is, what an extra 6 months going to do?

I cant NOT take it this October. Knowing what i will make after i pass is a lot of motivation to get through the first time (or as soon as i can).

Why you gotta bring me into this? And, I would DEFINTELY take it again right away. I can be ready in 3 weeks. No way I am putting myself through another 2-3 months of study hell.

Why you gotta bring me into this? And, I would DEFINTELY take it again right away. I can be ready in 3 weeks. No way I am putting myself through another 2-3 months of study hell.
Just thinking of the worst case scenario...

You think the prep would be that much easier?

Man, I don't even want to think about it ... My plan going into the PE in April was that if I didn't pass, I'd pony up for a review course and take it again in October... This was my first time taking it. Now though, I really don't want to spend my summer sitting in classes, and I felt good the day I took it so I can already feel myself thinking that if I didn't pass I could do just a tad more and prepare myself better the 2nd time... This feels like an awefully slippery slope to be sliding down...

yeah, i definitnely don't want to study again... actually i'm almost hoping the result never come!

Any truth to the rumor that it's easier to pass in some states than others? do we all take the same test? different cut scores maybe??

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I don't even want to think about it ... My plan going into the PE in April was that if I didn't pass, I'd pony up for a review course and take it again in October... This was my first time taking it. Now though, I really don't want to spend my summer sitting in classes, and I felt good the day I took it so I can already feel myself thinking that if I didn't pass I could do just a tad more and prepare myself better the 2nd time... This feels like an awefully slippery slope to be sliding down...
I'm right there with you. I had the same plan and felt the same way. I think I could definitely study for only a few more weeks and think I would probably have it, unless the results show that I failed by a lot more than I would have thought. All in all, I can't imagine not passing unless I made a lot of stupid mistakes. I only felt like I didn't 100% know how to work 3-4 problems in the morning and 7-10 in the afternoon. And even of those I thought I came up with the answer half the time.

i hear it's all the same test. but since we can't talk about it...

and - hell yes - i think the prep would be easier the second time. we know what kind of questions are on the darn thing now. before, i had NO IDEA. i do wish i'd taken a prep course. and i would've if my company didn't have me travelling all over hell's half acre for the year before! razzlefraganishes

The test is the same everywhere. Each state can accept the NCEES cut score or adopt their own. I've heard that most simply choose to adopt the NCEES cut score to avoid problems with comity, etc.

Then you have veterans preference points. Some states like Georgia give 5 points. So if you score 65 (cut score) and are a veteran in Georgia you pass since your preference points bring you up to 70.

I heard in Maine if you pass you get a complimentary stamp for Canada. Is that true?

Back