Ideas for resistant baby?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the tips. we went back to just avocado and potato or avocado and pear for now. Probably try chicken and peas this weekend, once i get some from the store.

Have you tried sweet potato? It's soft and has a light sweetness to it instead of blandness that most cereal type baby food has.

Have you tried sweet potato? It's soft and has a light sweetness to it instead of blandness that most cereal type baby food has.
It is on the list of things to try just has to wait to get to the top of the list with the 3-4 days between new foods.

It would be quite ironic if minisnick does like sweet potatoes bc neither myself or mr snick like them.

We thought our kid would turn orange because he ate almost nothing but sweet potatoes and carrots. The only thing he would not eat was mashed peas and I can't blame him at all.

well the solid foods seem to be making a difference. minisnick has put on 7 ozs in the last 2 weeks.

He wont touch mashed peas either, regardless if they are mixed with something else. Bananas get the same reaction.

Peaches are the new favorite. So are garlic mashed potatoes. went to hickory river smokehouse this weekend and he ended up eating almost half of mr snicks side of mashed potatoes.

You may want to try making a big pot of chicken soup with some veggies and rice.... blend it up in a food processor until you have a fairly thick consistency (you can control the consistency by adding chicken broth)... We did that and the kids really liked it... blending your own winter squash also works if mini-snick doesn't like the jarred stuff.

My wife had told me once that it may take up to 10 tries before a child likes something... my twins (2-1/2) are interesting... my daughter will eat veal parm, pierogi's, steak, different cheeses, pickles, olives, etc... her twin brother won't try a damn thing!

My son was/is very picky. When he was that small, about the only thing he would eat was Gerber's macaroni and cheese, in addition to milk or formula.

Have you tried pasta? Mini-buff gobbles up ravioli. I made ravioli in a brown butter sauce earlier this week, and she ate 4 of them.

The mac and cheese idea sounds good. When mine were little, I did a lot of regular table food in the food processor. They loved it.

minisnicks facial expressions when trying new foods are great. He give this scrunched nose look like it is the worst thing he has ever tasted then proceeds to open his mouth for more.

minisnicks facial expressions when trying new foods are great. He give this scrunched nose look like it is the worst thing he has ever tasted then proceeds to open his mouth for more.
Have you tried pickles yet? It's so funny to see the faces of my double dudes when give them dill pickles but they can't get enough of them.

Since this is an engineer's forum, can you quantify how resistant the baby is? Can you give us a value in ohms?

You may want to try making a big pot of chicken soup with some veggies and rice.... blend it up in a food processor until you have a fairly thick consistency (you can control the consistency by adding chicken broth)... We did that and the kids really liked it... blending your own winter squash also works if mini-snick doesn't like the jarred stuff.
My wife had told me once that it may take up to 10 tries before a child likes something... my twins (2-1/2) are interesting... my daughter will eat veal parm, pierogi's, steak, different cheeses, pickles, olives, etc... her twin brother won't try a damn thing!
That is about the age their growth slows down, and their appetite does too. Soon, you may be lucky to get one good meal down them per day.

Have you tried avocados yet? Our kids loved them, and they have lots of healthy fats.
Yep. Minisnick loves avocados, that was his first food other than rice cereal. He wont eat pears unless mixed with avocado. Sweet potatoes were the same way, but he has started eating them alone too. we try to mix avocado whenever we can, or makes sense.

in the freezer right now he has

chicken, avocado, sweet potato with rice

apple cinnimon raisin oatmeal

apple blueberry

beef and peas

pears and avocado

peaches (might be another bag of it)

peas (not a huge fan, usualy have to mix it with something)

Back