I just got approved to take the exam!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DON'T DISCOURAGE ME!

JK, yeah but it hasn't been real yet. I could take it tomorrow for all I care- I just want it over with. If I see one Post-it tab after April 11th, I might implode :-\

You've already been hitting it pretty good though, right?
Oh my, isn't that kind of a personal question?

id_hit_it1.jpg

2003539473104265886_rs.jpg

I could take it tomorrow for all I care- I just want it over with. If I see one Post-it tab after April 11th, I might implode :-\
I am not sure what bothered me worse - the hours of studying (which actually I didn't mind) or how long I had to wait to:

• complete the application
  • receive a response from the board 'approving' my seating for the exam
  • to actually take the exam
  • to receive pass/fail notice
  • to receive license # - the penultimate of PE-ness
  • to receive recognition for my accomplishment
  • to receive a promotion/raise
I guess I disliked the waiting much more than exam prep. This process is all about waiting! :true: Buckle down and try to enjoy the ride ...

JR

I do think they should give people some sort of recognition (or a few extra points) for just being able to complete all the application paperwork and for submiting all of the correct documentation on the first try! :rolleyes:

Best wishes,

I do think they should give people some sort of recognition (or a few extra points) for just being able to complete all the application paperwork and for submiting all of the correct documentation on the first try! :rolleyes:
Best wishes,
I totally agree with that.... my application took about a month to complete, with all the correspondance and letters of recommendation, transcripts, affadavits....etc., almost as bad as trying to get a security clearance. Anyhow I hope to hear from the board in another month, in the meantime the studying begins! :brickwall:

Completely agree. The Cali app is a breeze compared to TX. Who freaking cares where I worked the day I graduated from undergraduate school if I went on to get a Masters? (Yet they have the # to Lowes HR in case they want to verify it... :screwloose: )

Just got my letter!

I just got my letter today!

But why am I not allowed to bring weapons into the exam room? Did some hard-ass, anal-retentive proctor get stabbed in the past by some disgruntled exam-taker; thus, ruining it for the rest of us knife-wielding maniacs?

I just got my letter today!

But why am I not allowed to bring weapons into the exam room? Did some hard-ass, anal-retentive proctor get stabbed in the past by some disgruntled exam-taker; thus, ruining it for the rest of us knife-wielding maniacs?
You laugh, but the NCEES pencils used to have a metal tip a la the pentel P205 until a proctor in Des Moines took one in the carotid. It was all over the news; surprised you never heard it. :true:

NOT...

Back