I Just checked my states website!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are a delicacy in Ohio because my wife loves them (i have not tried them yet)
I'm from Long Island. I do love White Castle! I can't eat as many as I used to in one sitting, though.

Unfortunately, they did not administer the exam - that was Castle Worldwide. Not only did they not bring any burgers, but the proctor told me I couldn't drink out of my water bottle. I had to show her the NCEES rules that I had brought to the exam, and she still had a problem.

I think she was picking on me because the guy next to me came in with a calculator not found on the list (duh!). I had three, so I lent him one, and she got an attitude! She warned me that if mine crapped out, I would not be able to "borrow" mine back from the guy. Nice.

Shoulda stuck that calculator where a "proctor"ologist would have to remove it for her

Unfortunately, they did not administer the exam - that was Castle Worldwide
Thanks for setting me straight !! :bananalama: I am not sure what I was thinking - white castle? :)

In Florida, we have Krystal Burgers which is the, ahem, southern version of white castle. When I was at University of FL, it was funny to watch students out for a night of binge drinking to stop there for late-night munchies only to end up
2.gif
from those greasy gut bombs.

The only place I recall competing directly with Krystal Burger was Skeeter's - Home of Skeeter's Big Biscuits.
9.gif

JR

I am waiting for my Transpo results.Is my understanding that the N.C.E.E.S. is not reporting scores anymore. If I pass I don't care about my score but if and only if I fail I would like to know my score to see how close or far I was from passing. Since there are states reporting scores it must to be uniform or in other words the same to everybody.

Unfortunately, they did not administer the exam - that was Castle Worldwide. Not only did they not bring any burgers, but the proctor told me I couldn't drink out of my water bottle. I had to show her the NCEES rules that I had brought to the exam, and she still had a problem.
I think she was picking on me because the guy next to me came in with a calculator not found on the list (duh!). I had three, so I lent him one, and she got an attitude! She warned me that if mine crapped out, I would not be able to "borrow" mine back from the guy. Nice.
You've got to be kidding me. That's absurd, and I hope NCEES monitors these messages and takes action. The enforcement of their rules should go both ways.

My proctors (Guam PEALS) were definitely on top of us, but were also completely reasonable.

I just check my states website, and I have a question.
Does anyone know the difference between "pending" and "reviewed" as the statues on OHIO's website?
Yes.

Several Ohio regulatory agencies use a license lookup system called Ohio eLicense Center. The credential status choices and meanings may vary depending upon how each agency defines how to use them.

Ohio's Engineers and Surveyors Board uses the "pending" and "reviewed" choices depending upon the type of application received and its current pending or reviewed status. However, pending and reviewed have NOTHING to do with NCEES scoring results; that is, pending or reviewed have nothing to do with the PASS or FAIL results mailed by ELSES.

This isn't a comprehensive explanation of how the Ohio Board uses its Ohio eLicense Center credential choices, but it should lay to rest any fears that pending or reviewed have anything to do with the scoring results. They don't.

FYI From the Ohio PE/PS Website:

Ohio's 2007 April FE, PE exam results have been mailed by ELSES

Ohio's 2007 April NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering and Principles and Practice of Engineering exam results have been mailed by ELSES. The Board cannot give exam results over the phone or by email.

FYI… Ohio's 2007 April PS and Structural II exam results will be released by the Board when available. We will not be able to give exam results over the phone or by email.

REMINDER… Ohio's 2007 NCEES FS exam results have already been released. The results were mailed by ELSES. The Board cannot give exam results over the phone or by email.

JRO

So does ELSES mail the results directly to us, or does the state?

Depends on your state. Some, like mine, mail it directly to the examinee. Others send it to the state board, who in turn mail it to you.

I'm seriously contemplating a pinned FAQ thread in the exam prep forum. There are a lot of common questions that keep popping up from time to time. Seem like a reasonable idea?

NJ uses EES and they report the exam result to the NJPE Board. The borad then votes to release the results. The NJPE Board has meetings scheduled for 6/21 and 7/19, so in NJ we will get the result the last week in June or July.

I think we had an ees & elses thread somewhere (maybe in the saved links & threads forum?

it seems exam results time has snuck back around again already..

someone emailed me this link as well.
isnt elses usually the "slow" people ??

http://ohiopeps.org/
In Ohio, with the exception of PS and Structural II exams, results are mailed directly to the candidates by ELSES, Ohio's exam administrator.

PS results are a combination of NCEES (6 hours) and Ohio-specific (2 hours) exams. Due to the legal portion in the OHPS exam, which must be scored individually and with Board approval, results take longer.

In addition to receiving Structural II results from NCEES later, most candidates are already registered as P.E.s in Ohio and results require a non-standard response.

At least Ohio state board's wesite keep their people up to date!

What happen with the other state board's websites? :poop:

I give A+++ to Ohio state board!

SapperPE said:
VTE - I think pinning this information would be great. We go through this every time.
Iwill do so Sap = but I am really drunk righ now and just dragged a still steaming grill a half a mile. can I do to it omtmorrW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back